Software for mastering

^^^I'm reading up on it now. I need a professional CD creation program. I've been getting by with Toast Titanium(not the best results, but can work if you're patient) and CD Architect(Windows running in VMWare Fusion), but i'm tired of running windows on my mac for anything.

As said before, I can Master in Pro Tools, but need a software that can structure a finalized Audio CD from start to finish.

Ozone is wack in my opinion. It's good for people who don't know what they're doing. Slapping Ozone on the Master Bust won't help you though
if you have some serious problems within the mix. Stock plugins are always sufficient for a decent mix. If you wanna get something better check out this dude from
Variety Of Sound He makes some top notch plugins and gives them aways for free (although he could make lots of dough by selling them)

^^^I'm reading up on it now. I need a professional CD creation program. I've been getting by with Toast Titanium(not the best results, but can work if you're patient) and CD Architect(Windows running in VMWare Fusion), but i'm tired of running windows on my mac for anything.

As said before, I can Master in Pro Tools, but need a software that can structure a finalized Audio CD from start to finish.
This may sound dumb, but I don't know what u need that's so special (once u have all your final tracks) to make a cd. I mean can't any multimedia suite, like roxio, do that?

Have you tried Steinberg WaveLab 7 or Sony Sound Forge Pro 10? If not, you can download the 30 day trial from their website.

This may sound dumb, but I don't know what u need that's so special (once u have all your final tracks) to make a cd. I mean can't any multimedia suite, like roxio, do that?

Toast Titanium can do exactly what I'm talking about. CD Architect just did a waaayyyyyyyy better job as far as ease of use to my preference. This is one of those things where it's about getting the program that works right for you individually.

You can "master" in any program with a master output/fader. You can professionally arrange in any CD program that can save all your song info and place track separation in precise locations with fades, fx, ect. Cakewalk Pyro did an ok job of this for me as well.

All these programs I'm listing(CD Architect, Toast Titanium, Cakewalk Pyro)are cheap and not looked upon as "professional" like Bias Peak or Wavelab, but all the other functionality of programs like those can be done within any DAW using a single stereo track if you're using these to arrange. Apple/Logic has a CD mastering counterpart as well(don't remember the name), it's just the GUI of most mastering software turns me away.

All preference. I've learned I work wierd compared to others, I'm real picky about software I use. But I think that's my age showing. I was originally taught to master using a Finalizer 96k, a Focusrite EQ, and whatever else needed to be plugged up to fix the song in question. You'd arrange and edit track start/end on a minidisc or ADAT before running a digital opt line from that to a CD Burner(like actual rackmount burner) to make your finalized CD. Things have indeed changed.

Last edited:
I agree with Slum Shaman, Ozone can be a little intimidating but there are a lot of tutorials on the internet that make it really straightforward. A lot of proffesional artists also use Ozone on their tracks for mastering. Waves mastering plugins are also great!

There are so many software are used for audio mastering. Different people like these soft wares due to different features and nature of interest. So far as I know the audio mastering, Sonoris, Ozone, Nevo and T-Racks. The best mastering software is T-Racks. This is the best and impressive in its versatile work.

Back