Software

namegoeshere

I've been looking for a decent software for dubstep/ D&B and things like that, but I don't know what to get, could anyone help?

Ableton Live "Operator" is cool for Drum and Bass.

For Dubtsep maybe have a look at my two favorites for that Rapture and Synthmaster.

If you just want dubtsep D&B, Operator can do more than just drums. It does cool wobbles too. Perfect for D&B.

If you want more of a digital sound and not analog try FM8, or kontakt.

anyone that tells you one DAW is better then another DAW for a SPECIFIC Genre is lying and wrong. DAWS have their own strengths and weaknesses when it comes to work flow (tracking, mixing, mastering, etc..) but ANY DAW can make ANY genre just the same.

Write that down in stone right now.

edit: wait sorry I think I misread, thought you were talking about DAWS, do you mean plug ins/Vsts?

Last edited:
Its crazy how many people don't realize that once you know how to use a synthesizer you can make ANY SOUND YOU WANT with it.

Forget about Pre Sets and learn how to synthesize people.

Last edited:
Ableton Live "Operator" is cool for Drum and Bass.

For Dubtsep maybe have a look at my two favorites for that Rapture and Synthmaster.

If you just want dubtsep D&B, Operator can do more than just drums. It does cool wobbles too. Perfect for D&B.

If you want more of a digital sound and not analog try FM8, or kontakt.

Thanks, I'll get ableton.

Thanks, I'll get ableton.
Sorry but you have absolutely no idea why you are even buying the software.

If all you are doing is planning on making beats as a hobby I suggest doing some research as into why you are buying a DAW that caters to LIVE performances because someone told you that you can make drum and bass on it....Do you have any idea how basic drum and bass is? You could make that with garageband (at the caliber you're at right now) (yes you can produce with it too[ableton]..but there are a lot of other options MEANT for that that can get you through the whole mixing/mastering process as well)

Do your research before spending 100s of dollars because some dude on a forum told you to..or go for it. Whatever.

Last edited:
Sorry but you have absolutely no idea why you are even buying the software.

If all you are doing is planning on making beats as a hobby I suggest doing some research as into why you are buying a DAW that caters to LIVE performances because someone told you that you can make drum and bass on it....Do you have any idea how basic drum and bass is? You could make that with garageband (at the caliber you're at right now) (yes you can produce with it too[ableton]..but there are a lot of other options MEANT for that that can get you through the whole mixing/mastering process as well)

Do your research before spending 100s of dollars because some dude on a forum told you to..or go for it. Whatever.

lmaooo my dude you gotta give up. Do you think if he was interested in doing the research he would be asking random people?

With that being said, namegohere I would recommend Ableton or FL Studio, more towards Ableton though.

personally given your situation you should consider reaper - free never ending fully working demo mode (eventually the nag screens might make you buy a license
for $60)

as for the rest a genre is not daw dependent, you want to make DnB then make DnB

lmaooo my dude you gotta give up. Do you think if he was interested in doing the research he would be asking random people?

With that being said, namegohere I would recommend Ableton or FL Studio, more towards Ableton though.

He gives a good point...

I'd try the demos of several DAWs first and see what clicks with you first. I've made the mistake of buying one then regretting it afterwards.

Last edited by a moderator:

haha its so frustrating sometimes. And yah I wasn't trying to change his mind from ableton, was just trying to determine if he even know why he was making the decisions he was.

haha its so frustrating sometimes. And yah I wasn't trying to change his mind from ableton, was just trying to determine if he even know why he was making the decisions he was.

I can see you're trying to help. I'm just trying to save you wasted time typing. Some people just want answers w/o the reasoning. You can tell by the initial post he just wanted someone to choose for him.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
I'd try the demos of several DAWs first and see what clicks with you first. I've made the mistake of buying one then regretting it afterwards.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]This is probably the best solution. [/FONT]

Last edited:
I personally love Reason, it doesnt get much love becasue it doesnt support vsts but it think its one of the best, plus it has a big d&b communtiy

Back