So Logic Pro X dropped!

Yawn... 4 years too late and all they have to show is a dumbed down UI and virtual drummers with names and midi plugins for people that didn't know how to use the environment. Shame too, I used to really like Logic. Maybe within the coming months they'll update it with some really cool stuff but as it stands right now, there isn't a reason to upgrade as some users over at the gearslutz forums are reporting that Logic Pro X still suffers from the same annoying crap that 9 did.

I had a good laugh when I saw this.

IMG_2118.jpg

Last edited:
I do like the new GUI, idk it looks a lot tighter and cooler. Other then that I'm not too sure yet. The drummer function is cool but I'll probably never use it. The fact that they have given the drummer names is a bit childish but as long as it works i guess.

The new synths do seem cool but all together I'm not sure if it is worth buying yet. I agree with Macabeat about the fact that it is a bit of a dumbed down version but that is not necessarily a bad thing.

I'll wait for some more reviews and hands on video's to appear before I make my final decision. The good thing however is that when you buy it, you still have logic 9. It functions as a new program and not an update of logic 9.

They didn't rewrite it, did they? I haven't read anything definitive but reading between the lines it seems they didn't. If not i don't think i'll be upgrading. I don't think it's a stable enough program; it can't be trusted. Saying that though it looks better than 9.

I've been playing with it a bit more and I can say that it really isn't that bad. Is it worth $199 if you already have logic? No. Not really, Since it really feels like Logic Pro 9.5 where it fixes "some" of the bugs it was plagued with and revamps the UI.

Logic Pro X is still the best bang for the buck DAW out there "IF YOU OWN A MAC OR JUST PURCHASED ONE" because to be honest, it does everything you need it to do and tons of hits and movie soundtracks have been made with it. Does it improve on Logic Pro 9? I don't think so. ESX24 is still the same as well as the other stock plugins, which makes me wonder what the point was for acquiring redmatica.

If you own a mac and are looking for a DAW and want to spend the least amount of money for something that can help you bang out a hit ITB, then Logic is still it. People like RedOne produced Lady Gaga's first album 100% ITB with Logic, and other people like Charlie Clouser from NIN is also 100% ITB and has scored countless soundtracks including the soundtrack to SAW.

Last edited:
Thats what I yhought, some nice changes but nothing really worth it for the serious producers. The only thing that might be worth it is the flex pitch ability to replace melodyne. I dont use it myself but I can guess that melodyne is better then flex pitch and the upgrade doesnt offer a lot of really awesome new features.

I'm glad that they finally came around, but I'm so use to Logic 9, i probably will wait until the bugs are out.... but the iPad remote is a plus I have too say. Gonna down load it now and see if I can crack it for Logic 9.

I think its a good update but after using Ableton Live and drum racks its hard to go back to an ultrabeat, yuck. I use Battery and Maschine but I wish Apple had a better drum machine for hip hop producers. The drummer thing is actually pretty damn cool tho. The mixer is dope. For now I'll probably continue to make beats in Live and export all tracks to Logic X to drop vocals and mix. I hate Live's mixer. I love the way they have the audio tracks in the window below like midi now, I used to hate the sample editor. Now the audio almost looks like a piano roll. The flex pitch stuff is crazy, no need for melodyne now. Overall its as good of an update as Reason 7 Or Live 9 IMO, some really good improvements and some issues that were not fixed. It definitely loads a lot faster now, and I only had one audio overload message, so for so good.

Logic Pro X's price point is going to bring in a larger userbase. Doing away with Physical Distribution will allow Apple to allocate more resources to developing upgrades and improvements based on the new user feedback, system crashes, etc. Look at FCP X and how many improvements came about from everyone screaming this sucks and that sucks. I think its a solid platform with alot more potential. I'm a diehard Reason 7 user and I'm glad I jumped off the PT bandwagon and copped this

Back