Should I learn with FL Studio or Pro Tools?

UndefinedViewer

Hi, beginner here looking for some advice on whether I should start learning with FL Studio or Pro Tools. I have some basic experience with the demo version of FL Studio but have yet to purchase the full program. Recently I purchased a mic and am going to also get an audio interface and the one that I am thinking of getting has an option to come with Pro Tools. Considering that I have yet to purchase a full DAW, I wanted some opinions on whether I should get the audio interface bundled with Pro Tools or if I would be better off getting the interface without Pro Tools and then just getting FL Studio. I have heard that FL Studio is one of the most simple DAWs out there and therefore easier to learn on. Because of this, I figured that FL Studio would probably be the obvious route to take, however, because I have encountered the option to possibly get Pro Tools, I thought I would at least consider it and ask for some opinions.

Just really depends on what your end goal is and what you're more comfortable with. There is no "right or wrong" when it comes to choosing your DAW of choice, imo making beats in FL Studio is going to be much easier than Pro Tools but I'm sure that some people would disagree with me, so if your goal is to just produce and not do a lot of recording or things of that nature I'd say stick with FL Studio.

Both. FL for your creations, PT for collaborating with industry professionals who want a standard format.

Although both are important, I would suggest learning production workflow driven DAWs like FL/Ableton first and then moving on to Protools.

Both. FL for your creations, PT for collaborating with industry professionals who want a standard format.

Not this. 'Industry professionals' will be happy to work with stems- also what even is a professional these days when anyone can be deadmau5 with a laptop and a pair of headphones?

It's also really expensive (why buy two DAWs when you only need one) and makes lots of unnecessary work for yourself without any benefit in terms of your music

Rewire is a double edged sword but learning multiple daws would take months.
If using thirdparty vsts it would not make sense to use more than one daw unless you really liked that workflow.

As has been said I believe you should be able to achieve the same quality sound in any. However of the DAWs I've tried I found FL studio the easiest and quickest to pick up initially so my vote would go for that if you are a complete beginner and maybe mess around with some others in future

Back