Searching beat making software

dubstepmaker

Hey I'm trying to find out which software I need to get started with making beats on my computer. I can't afford to rent a studio, or to use high-end gear, but I want to play around and see if I'm still interested in it in a few weeks.

I was searching for beat making software and stumbled across this list: Best Beat Making Software Buyer's Guide | MyBeatMakers.com Which software on there would be my best bet as a beginner and which software should I avoid? Is there anything that's not on that list that I should check out? I don't want to miss something that'll be perfect for me just cos I didn't look around / ask around enough so I'm just trying to do my research. Thanks!

FLStudio
Ableton
Logic

^ The most common programs to my knowledge. There is no "easiest for beginner" unfortunately. All of these programs are very complex and can be quite intimidating to begin with so it's important to look up lot's of tutorials and guides on youtube and other places. You'll learn as you go along, too.

Personally I use FLStudio, and I love it.

Definitely not Dub Turbo. Their marketing and whole image is really dodgy.
I wouldn't be surprised if they created that site purely to sell it, because no independent reviewer would ever put it at the top of a list of good production software.

reason is really good that's what I use. alot of dudes are using fl studio but if you're actually playing the notes on a midi keyboard then I don't recommend FL

Avoid dubturbo and dr drum lol those are in the same category as videogames.

Best daws as of 2015?
Reason[Personal favorite]
Studio one[Personal favorite for cleaning up whatever I do in reason]
Protools
Fl studio[ Learning this first will make learning other daws a breeze in comparison.]
Reaper[Same for reaper]
Cubase
Renoise[Some prefer top-down sequencing]
Ableton[not bad software but more suited for djs by far]
magix music maker
Mixcraft.
Motu Digital performer[The only daw I saw that was anything like reason]
Logic

Back