Routing kong to mono tracks

LucidLife

So, I've been doing a bunch of googling, and manual reading on this, but can't find the answer I want. I found one on youtube, where the guy uses spider merger and splitter, to route each pad to it's own channel, but it's still stereo.

I want to route each pad to it's own track, but I noticed that it's all in stereo. I open nano sampler on kong, and open thed drum output tab, and each channel is in stereo.

Does anyone know a way around this, so that each pad is in a mono channel.

I exploded the track, and now have multiple note lanes, so I'm looking into trying to bounce each note lane as a work around, but haven't found anything yet.

My plan is to put the reason tracks, into pro tools. and carry on from there.

Thanks

The drum output is master, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, etc. How can I route a pad to 3, then a pad to 4 a pad to 5 etc. If I route the 3 and only put the wire to the left channel then take 4 and wire that to a separate channel both 3-4 will play

It's in mono then. Cuz subtractor's output is an L [mono] output.
It shows both on the level meter if thas wut ya mean.

I will explain what it is your trying to do and I took some screen shots so you can see what I am going to explain. First thing first we need to clear up is there is 8 sets of OUTPUTS and 16 PADS. Look at the picture below and you will see I have 16 MIX CHANNELS ( Not all are pictured ) and only 1 patch cable going to each mix channel.

Routing.jpg

Pan.jpg

I have selected PAD 1. Notice the PAN KNOB is hard left and the DRUM OUTPUT is MAIN OUTPUT L/R. PAD 1 now will only output sound out of the L output. So PAD 2 would be PANNED HARD RIGHT with the same MAIN OUTPUT L/R. PAD 2 now will only output sound out of the R output. Keep repeating this...

PAD 1 PAN HARD LEFT OUTPUT L/R PAD 2 PAN HARD RIGHT OUTPUT L/R
PAD 3 PAN HARD LEFT OUTPUT 3/4 PAD 4 PAN HARD RIGHT OUTPUT 3/4
PAD 5 PAN HARD LEFT OUTPUT 5/6 PAD 6 PAN HARD RIGHT OUTPUT 5/6
PAD 7 PAN HARD LEFT OUTPUT 7/8 PAD 8 PAN HARD RIGHT OUTPUT 7/8
PAD 9 PAN HARD LEFT OUTPUT 9/10 PAD 10 PAN HARD RIGHT OUTPUT 9/10
PAD 11 PAN HARD LEFT OUTPUT 11/12 PAD 12 PAN HARD RIGHT OUTPUT 11/12
PAD 13 PAN HARD LEFT OUTPUT 13/14 PAD 14 PAN HARD RIGHT OUTPUT 13/14
PAD 15 PAN HARD LEFT OUTPUT 15/16 PAD 16 PAN HARD RIGHT OUTPUT 15/16

I hope this helps you get the results you are looking for.

The Soul Entity

So it's literal then. so a left cable can be mono when panning is left and aright cable being mono when right panned?
I read manuals and stuff and experiment so I missed this info also lol.

Ah. I like messing around with most of them.
I also have Parsec and wavetable/additive synths in reason also plus alotta free rack extensions.

I'm just a hobbyist so I'm not sure If I'd be able to help ya much. Hold up one sec...[Lookin for a few]

Dual Drones https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/wbl5515/

Cross Grapher https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/morfin-xf-crossfader/

I wished I could buy something in the store. I keep getting a error message about redirecting

That shouldn't happen on codemeter if you have one of those. version 6 and above uses codemeter or authentin movaji license.
I went from 5 to 8 a few years back and could not access anything in that place that's why I know this is certain.

Which is also why I still use those built in modules to this day lol.

I am starting to get a little upset. I still havent got a email back from tech support and there is no phone support in the states.

...wait you have anything beyond reason 5 and you're having that issue?
Then I have no idea then.
While I'm sticking to 8, getting that version automatically gets ya version 9 when that's released.

Last edited:
Back