Resource Overload in FL 10 (Help?)

CurryBeats

1/2 of LoudPack
Every time my beats become too complex; either I add too many vsts or automations, the line at the top becomes red and the sounds start scratching and the track becomes impossible to work on. I am using ASIO4ALL and my laptop is supposed to have an Intel i7 CPU.

Does anyone know of a solution to this problem? I'm really annoyed that my creativity is limited by my hardware/software.

I don't know if it will work, but there are two versions of FL Studio 10, that come when you get it: Fl Studio (uses 2gb ram) and Fl Studio (Extended Memory), which uses 4gb ram. Also,

You should check Image-Line help page, they have a topic there explaining how to configure your settings (not only on the DAW, but on your computer too), and you should get rid of that crackling sounds. Worked for me!

In FL Studio go to 'Tools-->Macros-->Switch smart disable on for all plugins'. This disables plugins when they are not being currently used and really frees up lots of CPU and will allow you to work again. Sometimes if you have a long delay tail you can hear it cutoff after a few seconds...that's the vst disabling and when you export to disk that wont happen.

It's mostly noticable if your playing a very detailed project and the audio is glitching and the playback arrow looks like its on a meth trip and you switch on smart disable it should start playing smoothly.

Back