Reason 6?

ReconCraftTheta

So yeah, PH's new addition to Reason. I have Reason 5, but, does anybody have Reason 6? How different is it from ones of the past and stuff. Basically I guess I just wanna know if I should upgrade.

Bah! How silly.

I've heard it's not to different from Reason 5, that and my computer doesn't have to much space left on it.

Big diff is that everything that was in Record 1.5 is now in Reason 6. Plus 3 new effects.

Workflow is pretty much the same, but you can choose whether to have individual tracks for each instrument in the master mixer or use sub-mixers to get layered sounds for individual parts/sets of notes.

Some say the SSL emulation gets in the way, others think it is great. I'm happy because I was working in both Record (podcasts/mixing and mastering) and Reason (sound design/composition) at different stages in the production process.

A downside is that legacy files do not have their mixer channels automatically remapped to the SSL and there is currently no scripting to facilitate this either. this is mainly because the mixer types and channels that existed in previous versions of Reason are still there - so auto-remapping does not make any sense in the conversion process.

It would take user intervention to determine which mixer channels were converted and which remained as they were; something you would still do if you were manually converting hence no direct support for conversions is my guess - why automate a process that requires just as much manual input as it would if the user did it directly??????

Overall worth the investment, particularly via the upgrade paths provided.

+1 with Bandcoach

Personally I think the mixer upgrade is worth it alone. The new effects are cool, you'll be getting Neptune too which is fun. I just found Reason 5 with Record 1 + 1.5 produced a fuller sound than Reason 5 on it's own and Reason 6 is all this in one. Worth it in IMO

I've been debating if I should get reason 6 too. It is convenient that Record and Reason are both combined now but i didnt have much reason (haha get it?) to upgrade from 5 to 6

+1 bandcoach :)

the effects and mixer is great that is if you only use reason i personally use reason and logic so ill make something in reason then rewire just plain bounce it to logic for final mixing personally when i mix i enjoy a daw that allows au plugins and third party plugins. Just my 2cents

incredible and definitely worth the purchase man! I'll be buying it myself in a couple of weeks. It looks so awesome I can't wait!

is it just me or do you always need the ignition key and a USB hub won't read it?

No, you do not always need to use the ignition key, but you do need to have an active internet connection in that case so that the program can log into your propheadz account and verify that you can use it.

As for not being read by a usb hub, is it the first hub in a chain or the last hub in a chain?

my ignition key is in a hub and there are no problems what so ever.

first hub and it took everything else ever. I knew about the internet connect but either or sucks. got the blue screen of death a couple of times ****in with thor

Ok, with the hub - have you got anything plugged in that is sucking up heaps of power?

One of the issues I have noticed is that if the USB port the hub is connected to is drawing too much current some things won't be recognised by the OS, such as Maschine, which pulls all of it's power from the USB connection. In fact I had to install a 5 port USB PCI card to overcome some of these problems with my current machine - no such issues with my last machine.

So try connecting the hub to another port or disconnecting some of the other gear in the hub until the ignition key works - adding another hub on a different USB port should fix the problem completely.

I never used reason 5 or record as i had reason 4. It was certainly worth the upgrade for me as it has record built in. It also has rack extensions, which is basically vst's. So i would recommend it.

Worth the $$$. 6.5 is legit and is worth buying. RE's are cool. The mixer is awesome. Plus you can record in it now. You could essentially make an entire record inside the box and never leave to pro tools again.

I'm curious to know how many people are really using the Rack Extensions. We were thinking about making our libraries for Re, but not sure if it will catch on.

i also upgraded from reason 4 to reason 6 and my beats only got better in quality and production!!! Haven't tried any rack extensions yet, might actually try some tonight!! I do recommend understanding mixing techniques etc etc that'll just take your music to a whole new platform! I've tried mixing my tracks in pro tools and fl studio and it only gets confusing b/c i've never really worked with them. It does seem a times that vst's are killing reason users because you get such a wide big sound. Reason needs to make more re's that cater to hip hop and r&b b/c it seems like all the new re' are extensions geared toward synths and arps and stuff like that. Give me some rack extensions that can make my kick hit hard without using the maximizer and other little effects, my 2 cents lol

Back