Reason 6.5 vs. Pro Tools

austinerary

Hey Guys. I own Reason 6.5 and Pro Tools Mp9 with Massive and maschine. I dont know what to use. I love them both. But I hate rewire. First question: If I mix the same song in reason and pro tools, which will sound better once i bounce it out as a wav? Also which do you guys prefer overall not taking into account that reason doesn't support vst or rtas?

First of all Reason is not even one inch comparable to protools as far as mixing ! it's like asking "what's goes faster ? a ferrari or a bike ?
check my beatmaking video tutorials. I think they can help you out quite a bit bro w w w . carlitosbeats . c o m
peace !!

reason is for those people that are more interested in creating and experimenting with sounds and techniques, protools on the other hand i found is just perfect at putting a track together - professionally and quick, overall protools has a better sound engine in it which makes the same things sound better - when i run the same vsts and notes - rewired - from fl to protools and it just sounds so much better then if it was in standalone fruityloops, ,im pretty sure all the famous fl producers or their engineers do this as well, that being said reason is my favorite of the two.

So much misinformation in this thread I don't even know where to begin.

Simple answer...any real engineer will tell you it makes no difference. Anyone rambling about what makes one superior more than likely isn't able to do a real mix on either. Any multitrack recording software on the market(Logic, Reason, Studio One, Reaper, Cubase, Sonar, Pro Tools, Samplitude, Audition, FL, ect)is capable of giving you a quality mix. "Better" isn't a difinitive word. Some people can get a "better" mix using stock plugs than others can with thousands of dollars worth of 3rd party plugs. Some people can get a "better" mix off a laptop than others can get in a fully stocked recording facility.

Anyone telling you a tool is "better" than another more than likely relies too much on their tools making them the guys I'm referring to.

If a compitent engineer mixed the same song in all the DAWs across the board...every mix would come with it's own amazing quality based on the tools he had at his disposal leaving "better" to be an opinionated statement.

So much misinformation in this thread I don't even know where to begin.

Simple answer...any real engineer will tell you it makes no difference. Anyone rambling about what makes one superior more than likely isn't able to do a real mix on either. Any multitrack recording software on the market(Logic, Reason, Studio One, Reaper, Cubase, Sonar, Pro Tools, Samplitude, Audition, FL, ect)is capable of giving you a quality mix. "Better" isn't a difinitive word. Some people can get a "better" mix using stock plugs than others can with thousands of dollars worth of 3rd party plugs. Some people can get a "better" mix off a laptop than others can get in a fully stocked recording facility.

Anyone telling you a tool is "better" than another more than likely relies too much on their tools making them the guys I'm referring to.

If a compitent engineer mixed the same song in all the DAWs across the board...every mix would come with it's own amazing quality based on the tools he had at his disposal leaving "better" to be an opinionated statement.

Right...

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

reason is for those people that are more interested in creating and experimenting with sounds and techniques, protools on the other hand i found is just perfect at putting a track together - professionally and quick, overall protools has a better sound engine in it which makes the same things sound better - when i run the same vsts and notes - rewired - from fl to protools and it just sounds so much better then if it was in standalone fruityloops, ,im pretty sure all the famous fl producers or their engineers do this as well, that being said reason is my favorite of the two.

Wrong...

---------- Post added at 07:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

You should hear no difference in bounces between Reason, Pro Tools, or any DAW... provided all of the settings are the same.

Back