Reaper - drums / midi ?

MusicManiac

Hey
So , i recently moved to reaper and im trying to get the hang of it in order to find my workflow .

The problem is my drums , cause i cannot find a way to playback the drum samples within the reaper & without fully loading them ( i need just a preview in order to find out which i will keep for the process of layering ) . I found a way with a drum sampler but maybe there is another/easier way ?

Second problem is when i load a sound wav of a drum i cant use the midi file to make it play and/or pitch it off just going up or down of the root note .

Some help would be good , tell me how you work your things out . (are vsti 's for drums a need to go tool? )

Thanks in advance ! :victory:

Last edited:
You can't actually preview samples in REAPER without loading them in, but if you hold down shift or whatever the mac equivalent is, you can import a whole folder of drum samples at once. Press 'single track' and they'll all be loaded in a row for you to play through at your leisure.

REAPER doesn't really have a decent inbuilt sampler, so I usually use shortcircuit or tx16wx to program drums. Shortcircuit also has the bonus of letting you preview samples before you play them...

You can't actually preview samples in REAPER without loading them in

if youre in the media explorer enable autoplay and it should play the sample once you click it in the list similar to FL

Back