Reaktor Synths how are they created? Why do all Reaktor synths sound similar?

squidman90

squiddy
hey there

I'm been using a few Reaktor synths like Junatik and the prophet I reckon they both are identical sonically. I can create and achieve pretty much the same sounds out of both (even though they are 2 totally different synths in real life).

When the people created these Reaktor synths do they start with the same saw, pulse wave, square, filters etc modules. Meaning basically each synth has the same components underneath the skin.

I know you can make a synth from scratch in Reaktor is this why they all sound the same?

thanks matt

the basic building blocks will be the same

the configuration of those building blocks may be different - very different - if they are connected in similar patterns then yes the synths will pretty much sound the same

I'm building a few different synths for long evolving sounds and know that you can pretty much arrange the blocks any way that you like as long as the outputs for one block are valid as inputs for the next block

you can also go deep down and write code to do the work for you thus creating your own unique modules and consequently sounds

happy to discuss this at length with specific questions

Back