Rapper looking for DAW

Drange

Artist
Hello everyone, I am an upcoming rap artist and I am looking for a program to assist me in bringing my music to life. Assuming I have nothing but hardware, what software would I need get my music from start to finish?

I have windows vista home edition 32 bit.
Intel(R) 2 Quad CPU Q6600 2.4GHz
3 GB of RAM

I wanted to try Pro Tools 10 HD / Pro Tools 10, however, it states that my computer is not compatible. Is there any other alternatives / earlier versions of pro tools I can use? I heard that Pro tools 8 would work with my computer, but I have no idea on where to download pro tools 8.

An ideal program is one that would help me accomplish my goal of creating melodies, or matching melodies to my lyrics.
A program that excels at measuring the pitches of my voice is a huge plus as I find it easier to write lyrics than melodies. Then, I would be able to create a melody to the lyrics of my songs. For instance, here are the first two lines of a verse in a song I have written and need to put a melody behind it:
"Time to kickback, goin' off full throttle,
Say it real blunt, llegar in the bottle."

I need help with the rhythm, and the pitches.

Thank you in advance!

doesn't really matter what daw you use. any daw can accomplish what you're trying to achieve. FL Studio and Reason seem to be popular ones on this forum

As a FL Studio producer myself, I recommend that software. It's easy to use, and the packs are clearly organised. But like the above guy said, any DAW has the capacity to fulfill what you're trying to accomplish. But as a beginner, I'd say either Reason or FL Studios.

It doesn't matter what you use, this isn't the 90's. Pro Tools can go "F" itself for all I care. Software and technology in general has advanced so much that it really doesn't matter what you use. These days you purchase because of workflow and how comfortable you feel with it. They all do the same thing.

Just like cars. They all get you from point A to point B, but some are fancier and have features that are unique to them. It's up to you to decide what you're willing to pay for and which features are important to you.

But honestly, they're all the same in the end.

It all depends on your application.

Are you looking to make beats?
Are you looking to mainly record?
Are you looking for a DAW that can adapt to your hardware easily?
Are you looking to work 'in-the-box' (mainly via software) ?

I'm sponsored by most of the major DAW's on the market now.. - Used/have them all & is familiar with them all.. - They all pretty much do the same thing.. - The only difference is based off the unique features each one offers.

Hello everyone, I am an upcoming rap artist and I am looking for a program to assist me in bringing my music to life. Assuming I have nothing but hardware, what software would I need get my music from start to finish?

I have windows vista home edition 32 bit.
Intel(R) 2 Quad CPU Q6600 2.4GHz
3 GB of RAM

I wanted to try Pro Tools 10 HD / Pro Tools 10, however, it states that my computer is not compatible. Is there any other alternatives / earlier versions of pro tools I can use? I heard that Pro tools 8 would work with my computer, but I have no idea on where to download pro tools 8.

An ideal program is one that would help me accomplish my goal of creating melodies, or matching melodies to my lyrics.
A program that excels at measuring the pitches of my voice is a huge plus as I find it easier to write lyrics than melodies. Then, I would be able to create a melody to the lyrics of my songs. For instance, here are the first two lines of a verse in a song I have written and need to put a melody behind it:
"Time to kickback, goin' off full throttle,
Say it real blunt, llegar in the bottle."

I need help with the rhythm, and the pitches.

Thank you in advance!

Try looking into LMMS?

It's simply FL studio, but free, and with it comes with a lot of different plugins you can't get with FL

Yo, I've advanced a lot since I made this thread, the DAW I now use is a combination of reaper / fruity loops. Fruity loops to make beats and reaper for vocal recordings, etc.

I'm actually beginning to move away from the technical side and let my producer handle more of it so I can focus more on rapping.

Thank you all for your responses. :D

Back