Question about filter effects and automation clips in FL Studio

KidRay

Hi guys, I'm new here and new to producing. Been watching tutorials and practicing for a few months now. But I'm working on a beat right now which is my first better sounding project thus far, at least imo, but I've ran into a mixing problem. I wanted to use a lowpass filter on the intro of my song/sample and a Chorus filter during the chorus of the beat, but for some reason the automation clips don't work. I use FL Studio and I've never had this problem before which is why I'm confused. What I always do is select Fruity Love Philter, select the Lowpass 2 filter and then I insert an automation clip, drag it to where I want it to start and make it fade in. But now it sounds like the Lowpass is applied on the sample throughout the whole song, why is this? And how do I fix this so I can apply an effect to only one section of a song?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
It sounds like you chopped an automation clip into sections. (One in the intro, one in the chorus).

I think this will solve it; the position that you leave the end of your first automation clip will determine how the rest of your sample will be filtered until the second automation clip comes up again. So, at the end of that first automation clip, be sure to bring the automation point up to 100% if you don't want there to be any low pass filter applied to the sample afterwards.

I tend to leave my automation clips running throughout the entire track to avoid these kinds of situations.

Back