Problems with Windows 10

ArcticWave

Hey. I just updated my computer to Windows 10. What a mistake it was. I have a problem with the audio codec or drivers. My problem is that when I play a note example in Ableton it plays in 0db. Okey, but when I reduce the volume from the track or the synth itself, my headphones will play the sound exactly the same volume even I can see that the sound is peeking like -10db. I had this problem with Windows 8.1 also but I managed to get it away when I just removed the Beats audio driver. So after that my computer used a Windows 8.1 general audio driver.

I did the same thing with this version of Windows, the sound changed so I can hear that it is not using the Beats anymore but it has this weird auto normalize or somekind of compression because no matter how I change the volume, it just plays the same volume. I used to use volume 20 when making music. Now if I put volume 2, it sounds the same. But that is not the biggest problem. The problem is that if I want to play 2 different instrument in the same time, it won't work because the computer automatically raises normalize both volumes to sound the same. So you can see that making music with this is impossible.

Can anybody help or do I have to go back to Windows 8.1 (which I hate but atleast I could make music with it).

Back