Problems with NI Kontakt.

J

Jawombkamagubi

I haven't been able to load anything other than .wav files into Kontakt. I can't load any .nk1, .nkr, .NOV, or .NKM files. Kontakt isn't loading any NI samples, instruments, or multis-I haven't found anything that helps in the manual or on NI's website. Primarily, I'm interested in using Shredded II-but I can't load anything? If anyone has any insight on this matter, I would appreciate some info. I have Kontakt 5-full license-thanx.

Yep-no help there. They told me to reinstall it, so I did. I didn't think that would help. It keeps coming up that I the "respective library" isn't registered? NI hasn't explained that to me and there's nothing about registering plugins or samples in the manual, so-I dunno?-thanx.

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

One question: Do you know what advantage there is to using NI's files as opposed to using waves?-Thanx.

You need to open service center and add the licence details for each plugin/library you want to run if they are NI based libraries before you can load them - it is assumed by tech support that you can do this without being told as the steps for installing each library tell you to do just that.........

I feel your pain buddy. I got annoyed with this constant licensing thing with many of NI's plugins. I just use pirated versions now (even though I own licenses) so I don't have to stuff around like this.

Make sure to keep all the files in the same place.Like,when you install the library put everything in 1 "main" folder and then do like bandcoach stated.Should work.

Do you need a full license of kontakt to run shreddage (I assume you mean shreddage)?

Surely if you buy shreddage it runs on the free version of kontakt. Isn't the license you need for shreddage itself?

Last edited:
that would have been my guess too - so if the license (for the library) is handled via NI's service center (usual practice for most of the libraries that are loaded into kontakt, or reaktor for that matter), it still needs to have it's license details entered at some point......

Yeah-I got it figured out now-there's a separate place to register for plugins-I appreciate everyone's help-thanx alot-good luck!!

Back