Problem importing Audio in Pro Tools (Calculating Waveform Overview)

Yumid

So Im not sure whats going on.

Last night I tried importing a bunch of stems to do a mix and when I imported them there were no waveforms in waveform view. But when I began playback I could still hear the music. Im not sure how accurate it was since thats my first time hearing those stems but the point was I could hear it when visibly there were no wave forms. So I tried restarting Pro Tools and when I tried to close it it said tasks were incomplete. So I checked the task manager and sure enough there was a progress bar that said "calculating waveform overview" that won't progress at all; it just stays at what looks like 1 percent complete.

So originally I thought this was a specific problem with those stems, but just now I tried importing a visual click track to edit a different project and the same thing happened. It let me import my click but the waveform is invisible. So again I went to the task manager and the same "calculating waveform overview" progress bar was there, stalled.

Im including a picture of what I mean. Any Ideas? Never had this happen on a PC before, but I think this is the first time I've tried importing audio on a mac.

Figured it out, drive I was working off was formatted wrong for the new PT update. Just transferred everything to my solid state and am working off the laptops drive now.

/THREAD DEAD

Back