presonus studio

Studio One has Rewire built in. S1 acts as the host and Ableton should act as the slave if i'm not mistaken.

You would install both programs. Open up S1, and you should see a "Rewire" option in the instruments list. I know for a fact it those this for Reason and FL Studio. I'd be surprised if it doesn't make that option for Ableton, though I haven't tried it yet.

From there, you drag n drop that in S1, a little dialog box will pop up and give you an option to open Ableton.

The rest is straight forward. THe sequencers should be synced, and the outputs from Ableton should show up in S1's mixer.

I like ReWire in S1 better than any others. Not sure if other pograms can do this but... with rewiring Reason, you can open an S1 instrument track and choose one of Reason's instruments and play that sound right from within S1. You can literally have Reason in the background as one great big rompler. I freakin love it lol.

Go online to, Groove 3 or go online to ASKVIDEO. Threre are plenty of tutorials for everything on there.

Back