Please HELP after converting sample from wav to mp3 sample become longer!!!

GRZANA

Please help.
I am working on scratch looper.
The one that I could post it on Yourlooper
But I want to use mp3 files so I could import longer files into it.
So I had to convert WAVs to mp3s.
I've used Itunes , Switch, and AII2MP3 softwares and always after converting from WAV to MP3 software adds a little bit of quiet space at the start and the end of sample. It's just very small space but after looping it You can hear it's not correctly looped. but original WAV can be looped perfectly.
Does anyone every had the same problem.
Please HELP I've tried everything...
How to convert WAV to MP3 without making it longer?
THANK YOU

Last edited:
A lot of mp3 convertors seem to do this.

Simple fix is to go in and edit teh mp3 file to remove the silence

though why you would want to be working with mp3's is beyond me (lower quality, stuff missing that was in the original, and so on)?

I want to do this because of restrictions on size of the looper only 50mb.
And if I edit and cut of the silence with a DAW (for example Ableton) then I have to export the file , and I can only do this by exporting to Wav or Aiff . SO then I have to convert again and cycle repeats because new mp3 file has added another portion of silence at the start and end

get yourself audacity it is a great audio editor and allows you to open and save as mp3

as for your file limit, unless you are using ridiculously large samples (i.e stereo and 4 minutes plus at 24 bit or even 32 bit), I can't see the problem

does it not depend from which sample rate your converting from.
Often if you convert from a high sample rate the mp3 converter assumes its 44.1kHz and then converts from this and causes the stretch

there is no stretch, just a few samples added at the front and the end (almost as though the conversion algorithm is byte aligning the output)

there is no stretch, just a few samples added at the front and the end (almost as though the conversion algorithm is byte aligning the output)
I think its something like this - I think mp3's break the audio down into "frames" and then do the fast Fourier transform. The frames are something
like 512 samples, so mp3 conversion will usually (or always) increase the number of samples up to the next frame. This is why mp3 players mostly cannot do gapless playback of two continuous mp3 tracks.

they can , you just need to engage pre-roll functionality in your player - Media Monkey does an admirable job of doing just this cross-fading from one track to the next providing gap-less playback

Back