please help

darkblood900

So everything was going ok when i was using my headphones then boom. I listen to my beat on my phone and i can't hear no type of 808. so now i'm just thinking that a lot of people probably think my beats are trash because they probably listen to the beat through the speakers. i have a question though because sometimes i can't hear my 808 for shit and sometimes i can. How to make sure i hear it all the time. I tried fruity waveshapper but it makes my 808 sound like shit. its good for kicks but not 808​

This is just going off the info in your post. One problem could be using headphones for the mix. With the driver being so close to your ears, the 808s may seem too loud, so you turn them down. You get everything sounding good, export it and send it to your phone and No 808. If head phones are your only option for whatever reason (I'm not judging) I recommend getting a couple different sets of varying quality levels (Pro and consumer) so you can better reference your mix. But if possible a good set of studio monitors, and a decent home theater system is as a reference is what I use at home. Also Phone speakers don't always reproduce low end sounds very well, so don't let that discourage you.

Good luck, and may the Bass be with you. (LOL yeah I Know that was corny)

Last edited:
theres defiantly a quality decrease in phone speaker vs computer, i think you need to eq everything and master it well in order not to.
in what kind of find are you exporting from ur DAW?

Back