Pitch Shift / Time Shift

sabl321

Hello,

I am using FL Studio 11 and would like to know how I can "Time/Pitch shift" (if my expression is right), a sample (f.a. vocal) in it. If not possible in FL Studio, also a VST-Plugin would do the job for me. :)
An example of what I mean would be this: Captain Hook - Human Design (5:13 - 5:40)

Thanks in advance. :)

think its a mixture of bpm automation and pitch rising over time, draw out a long section of notes repeating in the sampler then automate the pitch over how many bars you want then right click the bpm in FL and automate that too. bring both back to normal when done

think its a mixture of bpm automation and pitch rising over time, draw out a long section of notes repeating in the sampler then automate the pitch over how many bars you want then right click the bpm in FL and automate that too. bring both back to normal when done

Yeah, of course it's Pitch Automation, but i can change pitch only about 12 semitones... so I would need a Plug-In to do that,- right?
When I automate the BPM as you said, the rhytm isn't the same afterwards, is it?

theres a time domain pitch shifter in the sample editor, in fruity. (but its not realtime) you need to go to some backend of the internet and find a phase vocoder, a harmonic domain pitch shift which you can even put on your mic live. if you want to get into programming, theres a technique called a mag blur which is taking advantage of the fast fourier transform's deficiency in bringing back the sound in a clear state, so the more you put on the more like you sound like your rubbing your foot on the carpet... fantastic for evil snorey music. although, a gabor transform is essentially just a binary tree of fast fourier transforms and thatll bring it back crystal, if you can find it. look up 'gabor transform pitch shifter"

Last edited:
Back