Pitch change when going from PC(PT11) to MAC(PT10). PLEASE HELP!

joeboarder14

Hello there,

My name is Joe and I appreciate your time.

Okay so I have PT11(standard) on my PC at home, and PT10(HD) on the studio MAC. When I am working at home on my PC(I use a typical MBOX for now) everything seems fine(if this is where I start the project). This includes sound effects I downloaded, and recordings with my MICs. It play back fine. Everything works as advertised. Same goes for the MAC(PT10) at the studio. BUT when I cross platforms the pitch changes, but the speed does not. More specifically when I go from my home PC, to the sudio MAC, the rises. Subsequently, when I go from the MAC at the studio to my PC, the pitch drops. I have tried different Save Copy In's with different sample rates. I have tried transferring different hard drives, even putting the entire session file on the desktop prior to opening directly. I have tried creating new session with different sample rates, importing audio, and converting to see if these would change the result. No difference.

The specific project I am working on now a movie trailer with 32 bit float, and 48Khz.

Is it my internal clock in my PC? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Joe

Back