"This patch was generated by a newer version of the application."

clipfish

Any suggestions on how to get rid of this without upgrading.
And no I don't want to upgrade it.
Why? Because reason.
If anybody knows where exactly the program draws this message from within the system so that I may delete it that'll amazing honestly.
For those who will ask what this is don't bother asking. If it doesn't come to mind the first time the chances of you being able to help me is pretty non-existent.
I had uninstalled, reinstalled an earlier version and this now keeps popping up no matter what.
fuck.png
Help, help, and help!

deleting the location of the message will not solve your problem

you need to uninstall whichever version you currently have installed

then look in programs and delete the folder related to your software

then run crapcleaner to clean the registry and the junk that might have been left behind

finally reinstall the latest version of the software

deleting the location of the message will not solve your problem

you need to uninstall whichever version you currently have installed

then look in programs and delete the folder related to your software

then run crapcleaner to clean the registry and the junk that might have been left behind

finally reinstall the latest version of the software

registrys, ofc! ty

*UPDATE*
I just uninstalled everything, cleaned my registry then reinstalled. Still doing it...!

Last edited:
so here is a stupid question which version is the patch created in and is it the same as the version you are trying to load it into

i.e. are you absolutely certain that you can load it into the current version you have installed on your machine - i.e. was it made with a minor patch release for the sw that comes after your version

screen pics of the version # for both the patch and the sw if you can please

so here is a stupid question which version is the patch created in and is it the same as the version you are trying to load it into

i.e. are you absolutely certain that you can load it into the current version you have installed on your machine - i.e. was it made with a minor patch release for the sw that comes after your version

screen pics of the version # for both the patch and the sw if you can please

okay from the beginning, first it was patch 1.0, then updated to 1.4
I deleted everything, uninstall, cleaned registry, reinstalled.
I want to downgrade to 1.2 but, apparently it's still seeing that the 'patch' was generated by the 1.4

that is your problem: 1.4 is newer than 1.2: if the version in which the patch is created is younger than your installed version then it won't load unless there is backwards compatibility (not always a reality, just ask reason users moving from 4 to 5 to 6.5 to 7 and then to 8: you can load old files into the newer versions but you cannot load the newer files into older versions)

looks like you need to re-upgrade to 1.4 or even later.....

that is your problem: 1.4 is newer than 1.2: if the version in which the patch is created is younger than your installed version then it won't load unless there is backwards compatibility (not always a reality, just ask reason users moving from 4 to 5 to 6.5 to 7 and then to 8: you can load old files into the newer versions but you cannot load the newer files into older versions)

looks like you need to re-upgrade to 1.4 or even later.....

I realise that's the issue aha, what I'm trying to do is uninstall everything that was once 1.4 then reinstall to 1.2 as if that would be the latest patch.
How will it recognize that the patch came from 1.4 if I deleted everything?
That's what I'm trying to do, just delete 1.4, then reinstall to 1.2.
You mentioned the cleaning the registry and that made more sense so far to getting rid of whatever, but it didn't work and I'm just so determined to get rid of that stupid popup message every-single-time I load up the program.

Last edited:
it does not work the way that you want it too - when it is saved the file includes version data about which version created it, which is then used for the comparison that is obviously taking place when you try to load that particular file

i.e. you will need to be at version 1.4 to load this file regardless of what you wish to be otherwise

it does not work the way that you want it too - when it is saved the file includes version data about which version created it, which is then used for the comparison that is obviously taking place when you try to load that particular file

i.e. you will need to be at version 1.4 to load this file regardless of what you wish to be otherwise

But that's just it, I'm not 'loading' anything.
I'm not loading anything that was once saved in 1.4 that I'm trying to open in 1.2.
All I'm doing is simply opening up the standalone program/VST, and that's it.

ok

so my guess is there are some other files on your hard drive that also need removing to make the shift backwards

what OS version? very much a case of horses for courses here each os brings its own foibles

however, a first thing for you to check is in program files -> common files-> daw host name or or vst name after uninstalling yet again, check to see what, if anything, is left behind in these folders and delete before running a registry scrub and reinstalling

ok

so my guess is there are some other files on your hard drive that also need removing to make the shift backwards

what OS version? very much a case of horses for courses here each os brings its own foibles

however, a first thing for you to check is in program files -> common files-> daw host name or or vst name after uninstalling yet again, check to see what, if anything, is left behind in these folders and delete before running a registry scrub and reinstalling

*UPDATE*

Yeah I had just checked inside the common files, there was a folder there, I checked again once I finished uninstalling and it gets deleted along with everything else.
I don't suppose you know any more folders this so called 'patch' is supposidly coming from?
This is getting ridiculous! To be fair I can't believe it is still happening even after all this trouble to get rid of it. Then reinstalling it.

Ahhh, I just can't seem to get my head around it, usually issues like this would be long gone by now, escpecially with how thorough I have been to clean everything that has to do with this program/vst.
This patch was generated by a newer version it says, but why is it even telling me that in the first place!
Especially when all I'm doing is opening up the program, no loading up something from another version, just the program/vst itself! So where does it get off mentioning this 'new patch'... As far as 'it' is concerned, it doesn't even exist.

Last edited:
process of elimination

I hope your wisdom exceeds this mess cause it is soooo annoying.
My last attempt at getting rid of the issue was to do everything we went through so far, then restarting the computer, before reinstalling again.
That was literally the only thing I could think of because I'm seriously out of ideas, I'm just left asking why so more..

The only question I'm asking is, and I'll say it again.
Everytime I open up the program/vst it will always pop up with the message telling me about this 'patch' being loaded up from a newer version of the app, but what patch?? The program itself? The VST itself? I would understand if I was loading up a preset or something but that's not the case.
Literally a fresh install, even cleaning out the registrys etc. But still no luck, where on earth is it drawing it's popup from?

Last edited:
Back