No Playback on Pro Tools 8 LE 8.0.5

theroachlife

Hey Guys,

I'm having some trouble getting playback with Pro Tools LE 8 on my iMac (running OS X 10.6.8). I installed Pro Tools and noticed my Mbox Mini was not connecting, so I updated to version 8.0.5, which worked and the green light came on. Now, when I create a new instrument track and play my MIDI, I am getting no sound. The levels are bouncing in the mixers so I know that it is picking up my MIDI, but I cannot figure out why I cannot get any sound? All the knobs on my Mbox are properly set and my I/O are set to the default 1-2. Also, when I hit play or record I get a "DAE Error 743" message. I'm a frequent Reason / Logic user, so I'm a rook with Pro Tools. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

That seems to be usb related. try using a different usb port, also plug it into the mac directly instead of a hub. hope that helps

Teouble playing midi

Make sure you have a midi keyboard capable of working with Pro Tools for playback of midi files and make sure it is turned on.

Hey Guys,

I'm having some trouble getting playback with Pro Tools LE 8 on my iMac (running OS X 10.6.8). I installed Pro Tools and noticed my Mbox Mini was not connecting, so I updated to version 8.0.5, which worked and the green light came on. Now, when I create a new instrument track and play my MIDI, I am getting no sound. The levels are bouncing in the mixers so I know that it is picking up my MIDI, but I cannot figure out why I cannot get any sound? All the knobs on my Mbox are properly set and my I/O are set to the default 1-2. Also, when I hit play or record I get a "DAE Error 743" message. I'm a frequent Reason / Logic user, so I'm a rook with Pro Tools. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Avid finally released an update to the MBox 2 drivers that seem to fix this issue!!! (I can't post links cos' I'm new here, so just help yourself and, at present time, find the 10.3.3 driver released in april 2013)

After a day of editing in ProTools 8.0.5LE (in SL AND ML!), not a single error 743!
Time will say if it's gone for ever, but it seems ok!:berzerk:

Back