New here and looking for advise

Demious

Hello everyone,
My name is Maarten, I'm new here, and I've been out of the music thing for quite a few years due to health issues, but as of late, I want to get back to writing and producing my music.
Ive been working with Logic for a long time, starting with Logic Platinum 4 on Windows, up till Pro7 on Apple, but due to the financial aspect, as well as the lack of knowledge and support from Apple 'geniusses', I rather stick to affordable computers I can build and manage myself. I had another look at Logic Platinum 5 on Win10 and it's still nice, but I'm looking for something a little more up to date and after trying quite a few DAWs, I found one that is compatible with my way of thinking and I bought Mixbus.

Very nice platform, but it has one major downside, it doesnt have a native sampler or sample player. So that is what I'm still looking for.
I dont create or program my own samples and samples banks, so a sample player would do fine for me.
The thing is, I've got several costly sample packages that are created for EXS and Halion samplers, which are very important to me and I do want to use those.
For the rest, I would need some basic instruments that, far as I'm used to, come as basic sample banks with the sampler, or are low-priced, like basic drum, bass and piano. These are for demoing only, so the quality doesnt have to be top-of-the-line.
It was quite an investment to get my studio up and running again, like I had to build a new computer, had to upgrade IO-modules, a new DAW, kicked out the ancient Line6 PODs in favor for more current amp software, instruments and cables in need of repair, you probably know the drill and the costs... So, simply put, my funds are low, unfortunately.

I havent been keeping up with development, so my knowledge of what's out there is minimal and I would be very pleased with some advise on what current VST samplers/sample players are out there for a reasonable price, that can use my existing sample packages and use the same basic structure, as in workflow/way of thinking I'm used to and I'm autistic, so this latest aspect is very important to me. If equipment uses a structure that is not logical for my way of thinking, it's very likely I'll never get used to it.

Cheers!
Maarten

Native Instruments is running 50% off right now on everything (I think, haven't gone to the site yet because I know I won't leave it without buying something). Definitely the right time of year to look at getting something on the cheap

Last edited:
Thanks Trip Lykely, I've been looking at that like a month ago, but it was quite a price for a lot of things (samples) I already had other versions for, but for half price (and with the help from the most awesome girlfriend in the world *grinzz*) I was able to buy it.
That was a very useful tip, thanks a lot, mate!

Back