Need a quick and efficient way to convert 96 kHz -> 44.1 kHz

steffeeh

I need to convert 24-bit 96 kHz Wav to 24-bit 44.1 kHz Wav.

It needs to be efficient and fast, as I may need to convert/downsample 650 samples that I've made, and I can't sit all day loading them into a DAW or other audio software and render them out :)

Does anyone know of any good audio converter softwares?

I first had a look at the AudioCoder and tried it, which seemed to be very handycode especially since it can convert entire folders, but I can't manage getting any audio from it (it successfully creates downsampled copies but they all contain no sound - and yes I've tried different settings, even uninstalling it -> rebooting -> installing it again).

I've also tried the Sox-software, but it's way too complicated and takes too much time.

Oh and I use Win 8.1 if that helps.

Thanks

The Voxengo plugin looks watered down, but I'll try it.
Though since it looks so cheap I gotta ask - does it a good job setting new samplepoints, since 96 -> 44.1 means completely different sample locations than compared to 88.2 -> 44.1 (which would just remove every 2nd samplepoint I suppose).
I know writing/re-writing digital audio is very well developed these days, but can I expect a good results from this one?

audacity - load the file and then use the export and options to set the bit depth and sample rate you want

sox is really good, and that can be powerfull with a little training for other application. Reaper is the best way i think. If you can, use adobe Audition :).

Back