Need helps when using fl studio 12

GoeySuang

:victory::victory:This is my first post.I am actually 13 year's old,I am male and I have some little trouble with this software

So,I used this software about 5,6 month ago,I know everything on it like create automation clip,import midi,create melody and the other....It's easy but I don't know playing piano this is a biggest trouble for me..My mother don't allow me to learn...So can I create the melodies and chords without musical knowledge.Sometime,i knew the melody but I don't know how to select the keys for the piano roll.This is the first trouble i faced:(:(:(

And the next one is.Is is bad if I don't have a studio speaker I only have SAMSUNG laptop,when i mastering and mixing the music can we hear the sound more special if compare with speaker???

And is every EDM drops need the white noise? I want to produce Progressive House so can someone give me some advice when producing progressive house????

And the last one,how can I made chords and melody like Martin Garrix's Poison,Now that i've found you,forbidden voices.I want create chord but i don't know,............. Can someone tell me what can i do please?;);)

Thanks!!!:o:o;);)

Last edited:
So can I create the melodies and chords without musical knowledge.Sometime,i knew the melody but I don't know how to select the keys for the piano roll.This is the first trouble i faced:(:(:(

There's heaps of theory knowledge on Youtube & internet in general. I took that "my mother don't allow me to learn" meant that she won't allow/pay for your lessons, but as said, there's tons of info right in front of you.

Is is bad if I don't have a studio speaker I only have SAMSUNG laptop,when i mastering and mixing the music can we hear the sound more special if compare with speaker???

Are you saying you're listening through your laptop's speakers? A decent pair of headphones would be a big step up at this point. There are tons of threads on choosing 'phones on various types of budgets here. Headphones aren't an optimal solution, but if you can't get proper speakers, they're definitely much better than laptop speakers.

And is every EDM drops need the white noise?

The drop can be whatever you want it to be. Unless you want to sound like everyone else. It definitely doesn't need to be or include white noise.

I want to produce Progressive House so can someone give me some advice when producing progressive house????

Well, this is a pretty big "how do I music" kind of question, but I guess there are, again, plenty of tutorials on this particular genre on Youtube.

And the last one,how can I made chords and melody like Martin Garrix's Poison,Now that i've found you,forbidden voices.I want create chord b[qut i don't know

This again comes down to learning music theory and how chords are built up, but to get started you could just look up a few basic chords and chord progressions, or even just blatantly copy, say, those Poison chords (which I'm sure you can find by googling). That's a start. You don't need to know all the theory in the beginning, as that'll probably be a pretty frustrating way to start - but do start reading up on it as well, because if you just copy & memorize other people's stuff, you'll eventually be frustrated because you don't know how to break out of it and make something of your own.

Last edited:
Chords are just clumps of notes played at the same time :/
I'd just learn some more music theory since beatmaking is the smallest part of it.

SCALES N stuff.
Counting semitones.

But if using a mouse it's easy just click stuff till ya hear something that sounds like the key you're looking for.
Especially fl studio's piano roll.

Dont make beats on laptop speakers either use actual headphones, the lowest I'd go is sennheiser hd201 or sony mdrv150.

Back