Need help with sample rates configuring.

Ninjazz

So I just wanted clarify first: modern DAW downsampling has improved to the point where, for example downsampling from 96K to 44.1K, will not produce any noticeable artifacts in comparison to 88.2K to 44.1K. Correct? My situation is that I tend to work in 88.2K, mostly because I have analog synths and I am kinda picky about sound quality. I just bought an iPad and am trying out iPad synths but iOS is limited to 44.1K, 48K and 96K. Also I am looking at getting an iConnectivityMidi 2+ which is max 48K. Other options might be to record audio inside iPad at 96K via some inter app recorder and then export to my DAW. In the end though it seems if I want to use my iPad and DAW together I am looking at projects at either 44.1K, 48K or 96K. 88.2K is already kinda taxing on my old Mac, 96K I assume even more so. Never worked in 48K. 44.1K seems limiting, audio fidelity-wise, especially considering the rather nice DAW plugins I have. Not really sure how to set everything up.

I suppose upsampling is an option. I understand it doesn't improve quality but it does give me more room when I apply FX plugins and such. Any suggestions appreciated.

Back