Need help, keyboard wont hook up to fruity loops

ChaseBass613

Hello, I just bought a Yamaha PSR-275 off a friend, I am trying to hook it up to fruity loops and it is not working. When I go to MIDI setting it shows the keyboard as UM-1G and I enable it and NOTHING happens. I am new at this and have been trying everything to get this working. hope someone can help me. thank you

The UM-1G is a simple MIDI interface from Roland - is that what you're using? MIDI doesn't really transmit any info on what kind of device is hooked up at the other end, so what you're seeing in FL is probably exactly as it should be. How do you have the cables connected at the keyboard's end? Also make sure that the drivers you're using for the MIDI interface are up to date and that you're using the correct version for your OS.

Hello and thanks for the reply, I have it set up just with the MIDI out on the keyboard and USB in the computer, I did not install any driver disk whenever i got the keyboard because it did not come with any( bought it used) but when i plunged the midi to usb in the computer it said that the drive was not installed right, but i restarted my computer and it then said the device is ready to be used.

You'll only need a driver for the MIDI interface, not the keyboard. Even though it says it's ready to be used, you could still try and download the correct driver from Roland's site and see if it helps. And just to make sure: is the MIDI out from the keyboard connected to the MIDI in on the cable?

Hey man, I been trying everything, It has been 2 days of this so I just caved and went and bought a M-Audio Oxygen 8 v2, It is used and a older version but I'm just starting out and its perfect. Everything is working perfect now with the new unit. Thank you a lot for your help tho I'm going to check your sound click out now.

Back