NEED TO FIND THIS;Rob Papen – Secrets Of Subtractive Synthesis (The 4 Element Synth)

dude why don't you just check out ADSR tutorials? They also teach you sound design but on a more practical level with you making the sounds along side them. I think you'll end up learning synthesis without having to buy that DVD until you feel the need to fork out the money. Best bit is that they use cliche synths that everybody and their momma are using sylenth1, massive, fm8... I think they also do Zebra. Hell U-He's Youtube channel has a large amount of tutorials for using Zebra. If you use reason then you are sh*t out of luck cause those guys are prolly in the information control business too. That being said I saw some pretty dope tutorials on sound design in reason using thor. the tutorials were so easy to follow that I truly started to believe that Thor might just be the most user friendly soft synth known to man. I think you can also check out this book "how to make a noise" there should be a free one with basic concepts of synthesis explained and some practicals included, they also have a premium version of that book. Also SoundOnSound have a "Synth Secrets" page where you can basically read on how to make different patches while they also have pretty good articles on other synth related topics like filters and envelopes. Google is your friend. The friend who helps you and spies on you

Back