Native instruments - Massive, what preset kits should i get?

hello there, im wondering what presets i should get if im into westcoast/gangsta/club beats? check my beats if you want to get a picture of what im looking for

(P.S no trap crap)

thanks in advance

JAYB

What is happening in the world if someone wants to know how to make a synthesizer make 'gangsta' sounds? What could that possibly mean?

Learn to program it and you can make whatever you want.

Last edited:
Dude, did i menition i cant tune my own sound? Did i ask how to Make a Synth sound gangsta ?
I Ask for presets cuz i cant spend 3h to create a sound, did you even took the time to listen to 1 of my beats? Does it look Like i dont know what im Doing?
Youre a failure bigtime

Dude, did i menition i cant tune my own sound?

No.

Did i ask how to Make a Synth sound gangsta ?

Yeah you did.

I Ask for presets cuz i cant spend 3h to create a sound

Why not? Believe in yourself.

did you even took the time to listen to 1 of my beats?

Yeah I think I have but I'm not sure how that's relevant.

You're a failure bigtime

If you say so. Not sure how that's relevant either.

Last edited:
google is probably your best bet
and spending a couple days a week
just making your own presets

-Coach Antonio

Yeah dude you should def just learn how to use massive first. Theres endless amounts of ways you can make sounds. Presets are just going to completely limit that, and your just going to use the same basic sounds as someone else, even if you do tweak it out a little bit. If your not willing to take a little bit to learn something for your own benefit of making music, and are just taking all the shortcuts in your music making, you're most definately not going to put out the best music that you probably could.

Sorry, I'm not really going to answer your question, but I will suggest that playing with presets is a really good way to get your teeth into sound design. Having a blank new sound in Massive can be pretty uninspiring, so getting a taking a preset (especially one that doesn't particularly interest you) then tweaking the parameters to see what changes is a great way to learn what the parameters do. Then trying to change the preset into something you like is a great way to practice perfecting sounds, which is an invaluable skill. I will always encourage being able to make the sounds you need yourself rather than using presets which can result in a seriously impersonal sound. That being said, I still occasionally take a preset and tweak it to make a new sound if I'm stuck on inspiration.

Best of luck :D

In case you were considering these packs from Native Instruments, here are my quick opinions on the packs I have from NI:

Platinum Bounce has a Ne-Yo R-n-B sound to it. Your track in the on your signature would be fit to the Platinum Bounce track.
True School has a good mix of drum kits that can be molded to a hard hitting recording.

Drop Squad is more EDM so I don't recommend it for you.

Back