My interface slows down FL Playback (How do I replicate that sound?)

Tommyboywonder

Hey

Whenever I have another program using my interface and try to attempt to play a FL Session , the play back is really slow and pitched down, like its playing at another sample rate or something. The problem is i want to recreate this sound!
I love it, im aware that it only happens because of my interface being misused but is there anyway to try and replicate this sound?

I even tried bouncing it down like this but the bounced down version plays back normal, which defeats the purpose.

Tried changing the tempo to half-time and turning the main pitch down to know avail as well.

Does anyone have a clue on how I should go about getting this sound??

it is most likely a difference between system sample rate and your project sample rate

as for duplicating no really easy way except to bounce at the current project sample rate, then create a new project at a different sample rate (I'm guessing 44.1kHz) and import the exported file into the new project without converting the sample rate - this will cause the file to playback pitched down

I agree with Bandcoach. You can quickly get the driver to playback again by either going into your daw preferences and choosing a different driver or none and power cycling your interface

or go here in windows and choose disable and then enable.

1bKiXKS.png

Remember to set it as default if its not if you choose to hear everything else from windows. Also you usually will run into that issue a lot less if your OS matches your daw sample rate.

View attachment Sample rate Clash.mp3

I actually caught this recording my interface into another interface. Long story short Virtual Audio Cable was giving me a hard time when I was trying to screencast.

Back