music sounds different in sonar

O

Oso Flocka Flame

Hi today i got sonar, because i want to experiment with other softwares (i only use FL) i want to learn to mix and master and a friend told me that sonar was his favorite software for engineering. but as soon i imported the mixer channels from fl to sonar i noticed that the beat sounded different in sonar than in itunes, i dont know why is it, there's anything i need to know about sonar?

In Sonar, you do have built in channel strip fxs. Make sure all the effects in your channel strip and master output are off. I don't think I remember them being on by default, but I always used templates.

there's no effects in them or at least i didnt found them i played the same beat in fl and itunes and it sounds good in thoose, in sonar the bass and kick sound weird

Right below the highlighted Tab that says "ProCh", theirs a lit up circle(power button) turning on the master fx channel. Turning it off may help.

First of all, I agree with the above post. In school for music, we used Macs with Logic and Pro Tools. In my home studio, I have Pro tools but barely use it, mostly to transfer projects in and out of Sonar. I love Sonar, its my fav DAW all around from making music to recording and mixing...

That being said... yes, it could either be some Pro Channel effects changing the sound. Also, make sure that the tracks that are supposed to be mono are mono. Theres a button on each channel in sonar to toggle between the two. That could be the issue

My biggest regret jumping to Mac was having to abandon SONAR. I put it and Cubase above Pro Tools because they had to outperform the "name brand" product in a time when that meant something. Most newer developed DAWs don't tend to outperform the functionality of Pro Tools. I find that sad because I get it, they try to go a different route when it used to be about making an equivalent to everything multitrack recorders hooked to a board offered.

I found a good setup in Reason 8, but still miss lots of Sonar functionality that didn't translate as well in the Pro Tools counterpart like loop editing and destructive editing of effects.

Back