which music software is the best?

ofekchen6

hello,

which music program is the best? (fl studio, cubase, etc..)

i'm looking for something simple to activate but with a lot of options and tools.

i want to use it in order to put the samples in place and add effects to them more than use plugins...

thanks!

Oh here we go again...

Just search for top 20 DAWs or something and go with what you feel seem to suit you the best. There are plenty of demos to try out.

The real question is what are you trying to accomplish? Are you looking to compose music? Or are you trying to record vocals and mix other peoples beats?

If music production is your go to, I highly suggest the following:
*Ableton live 9 (what I currently use, and absolutely stand behind this product. Amazing!)
*Fl Studio 12 (great software as well. I actually have this running on bootcamp)
*Studio One (never tried this DAW but looks like it is a beast)
*Cubase (never tried also, but seems to be a solid software as well.

If recording and mixing is your main attraction, Pro Tools by Avid hands down is a must. No brainer.

Hope this helps bud!

I personally like Reason. It's very simple and elegant once you've learned how to use the sequencer. Perfect for hiphop beat imo.

I chose Reason because I'm focusing on the Hip Hop / Trap genre and I need a lot of virtualism. Problem is FL studio is better at hand tuning a lot of your sounds and modulations.

I love the number of sounds geared toward trap / hip hop music in reason, and the virtual racks is just icing on the cake

I second that! I remember using FL Studio right out of high school, and seeing another kid using Reason and thinking O.M.G. I would be another 6 years before I could afford it LOL

Cubase ai as a slicex alternative
studio one as an arranging tool sometimes and reason as a modular rack.

Caustic's an alright daw too. Ableton was neat but did not feel like learning all of it.
reaper's nice too.
Never tried logic though.

Back