Music Production Apps

Squealy

Hello everyone,
Not sure if this is the right place to post this so sorry in advance!

I am doing a research project for my Uni course and Im looking into app based music production.
The project is about the use of mobile apps such as Cubasis/Garageband/iMPC/Model15 etc. To produce music,
either independently or incorporated as part of the whole production process. I am looking for anyone who has used a music app to create something for one of their tracks/projects, even if you only had a brief go on an app your input will be welcome and very appreciated!

I just want to know what your experience with it was and if you would use it again? Also what do you think the future hold for this industry considering the fact that we live in the
smartphone and tablet era. If you have any opinions please share them.
Also if you have a spare 5 mins check out one of these questionnaire I made to gather some data. It should take less than 5 mins.

For experienced producers: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/D8VHQG6

For any beginners: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/D8VJKL3

Thanks and sorry for the long post :)

Last edited:
I'm really amazed by how far mobile DAWs have grown.

Something that really appeals to me is being able to connect a midi keyboard and AI.

If I'd be an apple guy, I'd definitely be checking out Cubasis and garageband.

As I'm android, I'm really impressed by FL studio mobile and caustic. Music studio and audio evolution also seem very cool but the workflow to FL studio comes more natural to me.

I turn to a mobile setup for on the road tinkering. In any other situation I rather go to my desktop setup but being able to pack a complete mobile production studio in a small backpack is amazing.
tablet, irig pro duo, akai mpk mini, mic, maybe even portable speakers. Currently building towards this setup.

That is great thanks very much!

And i know what you mean the major appeal about it is the portability and the fact that people can make music anywhere these days,
the tools are only getting stronger as well, the apps, the hardware, and the devices themselves are becoming very powerful.

Last edited:
Back