MPCc 2000 with old and usless equipment

johnthedon

hello guys, i just bought a mpc 2000 that came with roland vs 880 and a behringer mixer 1804.
now to get started I'm pretty sure all i need is a few floppy disk, turntable and a mixer. however what about all that other stuff i got like roland vs 880 and how good is this behinger 1804 euro mixer? I'm tired of bu*** around and ready to make beats if anyone could help me please,
thanks

The roland vs 880 is a multitrack recording device, its purpose it to track your beats and put them into a format that can be converted to cd/tape/etc.
Use it if you would like, but realistically your best is to just plug your mpc 2000 up to some speakers get started that way, (run it through the behringer mixer if you want) but just learn the interface, make a few beats, get your feet wet.

and then when its time for you to record look into purchasing an "audio interface" for your computer.

I think that equipment is just fine and very capable start-up setup so just dive in.

If it's instant gratification you are after then you probably just bought the wrong shit because it takes time to learn how to navigate hardware efficiently by memory......it's more like memorizing more efficient keyboard shortcuts as opposed to using the mouse to hunt for shit in software, yeah it requires more initial effort to begin with but it ends up being more efficient in the long run.

The VS-880 is a bit long in the tooth now, but I wouldn't write it off completely, not without knowing what it's fully capable of....for example it has both MIDI in and out whereas most newer standalone recorders do not....it's probably got some interesting file compression and less than perfect processing options which could well be worth exploring, you can probably use it a MIDI controller too.

Back