Mixer causing fraction of delay? Fl Studio 12

vection

I've ran into an issue with the mixer on FL12, I seem to be getting a little bit of a delay when I add anything to the mixer. I've provided a video to better explain what I mean

NOTE: the kick in the video is not in the mixer, which is why it sounds ok, but the moment I add it to the mixer it has that very same delay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C03kcb1XQZA&feature=youtu.be

At first I thought, if I add everything into the mixer then the delay would transfer to each and every instrument and so the timing would remain consistent, but it doesn't the delay varies on each channel. Has anyone got any idea what this could mean? Or how I could fix this?

I've had this issue before due to a specific plugin throwing off a sound. If you haven't done this already, you can try turning off the effects for each mixer track until you find the culprit.

The FL manual lists some solutions for the issue. One is to stop all direct routing to the master channel. You do this by selecting all channels and routing them to an empty channel.

If you don't know how to get to the manual, press F1 or click Help>Help Index. The section on PDC is located in "Mixer & Mixing> Mixer Track Properties". From there scroll down to Plugin Delay Compensation.

I've had this issue before due to a specific plugin throwing off a sound. If you haven't done this already, you can try turning off the effects for each mixer track until you find the culprit.

The FL manual lists some solutions for the issue. One is to stop all direct routing to the master channel. You do this by selecting all channels and routing them to an empty channel.

If you don't know how to get to the manual, press F1 or click Help>Help Index. The section on PDC is located in "Mixer & Mixing> Mixer Track Properties". From there scroll down to Plugin Delay Compensation.

Yes, that worked thank you very much.

Back