Midi Mapping a Control Surface

dahquest187

This is my first post on this forum so go easy on me actually it's my first post about music period. "and here goes my question" Is there a way to midi map a Tascam fw 1082 to pro tools hd 10 or studio one? I got a 1804 firewire audio interface and when I am using it I can not use the 1082 because it's not getting a firewire signal. I been searching forums and videos for 2 days and have not found a solution.

so you've linked the fw1802 to fw1804 and then linked that to your computer via fw ans well?

- I have to ask what seem like silly questions simply to eliminate simple problems before looking at bigger issues - it is the problem of long-distance remote trouble-shooting

Well when 1 of them is connected to firewire the other device does not receive a firewire signal. I guess you can not use 2 Tascam fw devices at same time thru firewire. So I was trying to figure out if I can midi map the fw-1082.

how many FW slots do you have on your pc? - maybe connect both to the pc directly rather than chain them

as for the two not working together not true - you have to tweak some stuff in the 1804 for it to pass external fw messages but it is possible

I have a total of 4 firewire slots 1 on the mobo and 3 on a firewire card. I called Tascam for help but to no avail so I took to the forums and videos but no help there also on this particular matter.

I haven't finished with you yet...need to go to classes shortly but will be back this afternoon (9 hours from now) and ready to analyse your issues further

have you installed the most recent 64 bit versions of the drivers for both devices?

Yes I did a fresh install of Window 7 and installed all the drivers to both products driver version 1.80 for both devices

Back