M-Audio Oxygen 49 MIDI controller and Cubase

Yonivh

Hi all,

I just bought myself a M-Audio Oxygen 49 (3rd gen) and I can't get it to work with cubase the way I want.

What I want is; when I hit the keys I want cubase to play the notes. I should also be able to record these notes into cubase. I also would like to be able to link my controls (C1 - C26) to VST plug-in parameters. There are also some transport (loop, rewind, forward, stop, play and record) buttons, but for these to work isn't mandatory.

Now I've tried lots of things, visited many forums and watched several video's on YouTube but I can't figure it out for it all to work together. What I've tried:
First, I installed DirectLink for Cubase from the M-Audio website.

Changed nothing
- Playing keys on the keyboard: works
- Controlling the first slider (C1): When Sylenth is open, it controls the cutoff. When Massive is open it controls nothing. I also can't use right mouse > midi learn
- Transport controls: nothing happens

Add "M-Audio Oxygen" as a remote device (predefined in the list, I guess because DirectLink is installed)
- Playing keys on the keyboard: nothing
- Controlling the first slider (C1): nothing happens in either Sylenth or Massive
- Transport controls: works

Add "Generic remote" as a remote device and bound some controllers
- Controlling the first slider (C1): nothing happens in either Sylenth or Massive

- Linked some quick controls (probably the same as doing nothing)
- Controlling the first slider (C1): When Sylenth is open, it controls the cutoff. When Massive is open it controls nothing. I also can't use right mouse > midi learn

During the time playing with settings etc I've managed to get the "midi learn" to work on its own (the rest didn't) and also managed to add a quick control (C1 again) which worked but controlled two parameters (Sylenth 1 cutoff (default?) and Mod Env A Decay (set up in quick controls). I can't seem to reproduce both.

Is there anyone here who can help me with this? Is it possible at all?

Back