M audio m-track prob

Listen, so I'm new to these forums, and kinda new to the producing game...but anyways, i just bought myself an m audio m track (2 channels) but i am not planning to use any of the channels, at least not yet. right now, i just wanna connect my studio monitors to it by quarter inch, so that i could finally use em (headphone jack input on my pc is broken). So i installed all of the latest drivers, and ran fl studio. and what do you know? i get an error saying that there are not enough asio channels available, and that at least two are required....wtf does that mean? am i required to be using the channels on this thing or something? sorry if this is a dumb question, but hey how else am i supposed to learn

When you hop onto Fl Studio you should go to options. Click on Audio and go to the drop down menu next to devices. On the drop down menu you should slide down to maudio asio or something similar to that. I currently have the fast track so mine says fast track. yours would most likely say fast track asio. That should get things up and running smoothly.

Back