Logix 10 vs FL Studio

hommiefuxx

Doing a project for college and need some opinions from producers :)

If you guys have used either logic , fl studio or both please list a few pro's and con's of these softwares, it can be either based on your opinion or just facts in general. For purposes of this assignment I'm using FL Studio 10 and Logic X but when it comes to FL Studio you can list pro's and con's of any version because they're very similar.

My brother is a good producer, and he uses Logic X. From what I've seen it seems way more simple than FL Studio, atleast for the UI. If I had a Mac I would easily go for Logic. At the moment I use FL Studio. I'm pretty new to this tho'.

I just started using Logic X about 4 weeks ago after buying a mac. I have only just started producing again after a 4-5 year break, I only ever used FL Studio in the past and to be honest although I've only been using logic about 4 weeks i prefer logic so much more. It will just come down to personal preference. Why don't you try a demo of both then decide from there.
both programs are capable of making big tunes so as i said it will come down to personal preference with mine being logic.

Logic for me have been a learning curve.. a difficult one. After 2 years of using the software I can still say I have a lot to learn. But still, now when I dont spend hours of watching videos and trying to figure out how stuff work I can finally sit down and do my thing instantly.

A suggestion for you for Logic is trial and error. Just keep practicing, in the end all DAWs do the same thing, you just have to find the one you like.

Fl Studio Pros:
-Easier to jump into and just make something
-Has a unique fun factor to it
-Sampler channel is easy to instantiate and use
-Cool built in synths, especially for current dance music (even older)
-Great modular tools for creative routing/sound design
-Clips/patterns freely movable to any track (The instrument and/or effects follow the clip.)

FL Studio Cons:

-Not great at multi-track at recording.
-Recording audio general is a bit quirky
-Have to route all instruments and audio manually to mixer
-No way to save patterns w/ instrument and effects
-No Freezing (even though they claim)
-Bouncing is long winded compared to Logic
-Bigger projects and easily turn into chaos and confusion, (no track folders, hidden automation lanes. You can make things smaller, but you're unable to hide.)

Logic X Pros:
-Interface very easy on the eyes.
-Arguably the best included Instruments,Loops, and samples of all DAWs
-Deep midi functions
-Apple Loops! (You can save clips that allow you to reload the instrument with midi and effects)
-Much easier to stay organized (Folders and Sub folders for tracks)
-Multi track recording is a breeze.
-Comping Audio/Midi
-Track Freeze
-Bounce in place much easier than FL
-Tracks already routed to mixer

Logic X Cons:
-Not as easy to jump into and make something
-Automation is pain to add if going through the drop down menus (There is a work around using touch or latch mode.)
-May not have as much of a fun factor as FL <-Subjective
-Modular routing is way more daunting than FL
-Clips/Regions are not freely movable to any track. (Only audio to audio / Midi to Midi / Automation to Automation. Instrument and/or effects don't follow the clip)

EDIT: Just noticed OP is from 5 months ago lol. He / she has probably moved on by now. I'll leave this up for folks with the same sorts of questions in the future.

Last edited:
Back