Kontakt Setup Error - "Installation is not possible since the full version of Kontak-

clipfish

Kontakt Setup Error - "Installation is not possible since the full version of Kontak-

If anybody can help me out with this you're amazing.
Whatever suggestions you have I'll tell you whether or not I've done it.
May the gods be with you.

fuk.png

would be better if you tell us what you have already tried

but to start

un-install all current versions of kontakt 5

then run ccleaner to remove all redundant registry entries

now install the version you are currently trying to install

report results

would be better if you tell us what you have already tried

but to start

un-install all current versions of kontakt 5

then run ccleaner to remove all redundant registry entries

now install the version you are currently trying to install

report results

I had a problem very similar to this before that we were trying to figure out, I don't know if you remember.
But yes I had done that already. No luck.

instead of playing blindmans bluff with us again please tell us which program is causing this error message - specific to version and bit depth

32 vs 64 bit as in application/.exe bit depth

as for I like to think make sure of that version number - there may be issues tied to specific versions (I know this can happen from past experiences)

also what are you trying to install? it makes it hard to advise when half of the information is hidden or guarded

*UPDATE*

I've finally managed to fix this issue, it's ridiculous how well hidden these files and registrys are within folders that you never knew existed!

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Wow6432Node/Native Instruments/Kontakt 5

For anybody who wants to know how to fix this.

yep - going through regedit right now and finding that I have Kontakt 2 3 4 and 5 installs

Solved

Hey guys,

This is my first post. I joined just to give a final answer to this thread because I couldn't find the answer ANYWHERE on the net.

First:
Go into windows search, type the terms

NI

Native Instruments

Kontakt

DELETE EVERYTHING RELATED. (I can't remember if I deleted any hidden folders, but enable viewing of hidden folders in folder options to be safe)

Second:

Go into Regedit, click on "computer" tab on the left, then click "Edit" at the top then "Find"

Type the same search parameters, one at a time obviously and delete everything related. You can use the F3 key to jump to the next result. There are a few things I didn't delete that were in folders with names like "237749b12371283" because there were just too many but they were clearly not important because I was FINALLY able to install Kontakt with no problems.

Restart after clearing the Registry and you should be good to go.

Let me know if this works out for you.

!!WARNING!! Make sure when searching for "NI" you don't inadvertently delete some important windows related stuff. It's a good idea to look at the location of the files and their names ect to make sure they are in fact, the annoying rotten little files you're actually trying to delete.

Hope this helps

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Back