Kontakt Libraries

GoDJ

I just got Kontakt. As of right now the only library I have is Johnny Juliano's DreamStation.
What other libraries should I get?
What are the best Kontakt libraries for rap/hip-hop/R&B music?

Well... Kontakt comes w/ 43GB library of sounds, so i'm not sure what else you need besides that

^^^He could have the Kontakt player.

My suggestion would be to check out every format Kontakt can import and find great libraries in those formats.

If, however you did get the full ver. of Kontakt, I'd suggest digging thru all the sounds that came with it first. My entire sound library from tons of sources isn't 43gb together(in all fairness, my sounds are in refills compressed, but still).

Last edited:
^ True indeed,right now.... my favorite libraries are pretty much anything by Cinesamples. Good prices too.

The true power of kontakt comes from using it as a sampler to import and use your own samples. If you try doing that you'll get a much more original sound rather than sounding like every other cat with the same libraries.

Don't get me wrong, there are some great libraries out there. But before you buy one know why you want it. Are you doing a film score and need great strings? That will help you decode what you want/need. But if you're making a hip hop beat, you can literally record spoons clinking together on a terrible mic, and twist those samples into an AWESOME kit with kontakt. And that will be ALL you!

Back