Komplete Vs. Kontakt

DjPr1mo

I am a fairly new producer, but I am not shy at making beats. I have been producing music for roughly 6 months. I use protools/logic pro/ Mpc DAW. I have trouble finding good plugins for my software I was thinking about buying komplete or kontakt. Money is not an issue. Which plugins are the best for hiphop producer using a Macbook pro???

Grab Komplete Ultimate. It comes with kontakt, all their expansions, and pretty much every other plugin NI makes.

I feel like komplete ultimate has a bunch of plugins I won't ever use, and kontakt has a bunch of downloadable content

Yeah, definitely grab Komplete, because it makes really good financial sense to grab everything in one bundle, especially if the upgrade path allows you to scoop up any future additions to the bundle for less than they cost as stand alone products.....and as stated by Rekordhead the bundle includes Kontakt and whatever content NI produces for it.

sometimes you need to have the tools before you learn how to use them - not having access can hamper your ability to use them

if you are truly set on becoming as good as you can get then get the tools now and learn how to use them

kontakt and each of libraries cost more separately than the total cost of ultimate $7k+ vs $1.2k for komplete ultimate with many more products besides the kontakt family of products

Last edited:
And even if you just get the vanilla Komplete, you still get a shitload of kontent for Kontakt. They've pretty much priced Kontakt so that most people will just end up getting Komplete instead.

For hiphop Id suggest Komplete too. Massive has many sub-basses. Also you get a lot of pianos and cinematic stuff.

Back