Komplete 9 ? Worth it ?

I really really really like it. (really I do)

Plenty of choir sounds, I tend to use Massive, Kontakt, and Guitar Rig alot. I use just about everything in it (including the little add-ons like Monark) except for Absynth and Battery. I've messed around with those two quite a bit but I've only used them in a track once or twice. There's choir vocals in a number of the plugins that are included. Kontakt and Massive probably have the best ones (Kontakt if you're going for realistic, Massive if you're going for a nice synthy choir sound).

Yes yes yes yes.

I just also grabbed Maschine Studio and Komplete 9 Ultimate. Got it for $375 (DIRT CHEAP) when they ran their Black Friday sale + the crossgrade.

The Crossgrade price for K9 is $399. For K9U it's $749. $749 is kind of steep.... howevr $399 for K9 is a no brainer. You get all of those synths: Reaktor (which runs Monark and Prism.. which are DOPE), Massive does everything, Absynth is weird but cool, FM8 is good, Retro Machines has some good sounds. That's probably worth the $399 right there. But you also get ALL of the Battery Drums, which are fantastic to add to your Maschine drum libraries. They give you almost too many pianos lol. Session Strings is good. You also get The Finger and some other effects.

The only things I think are a big deal that are left out of K9 but included in K9U are that Session Strings is the Pro version, Session Horns, Funk Guitarist, Action Strings, Damage & Evolve stuff. Probably worth the price of the upgrade, but starts to get pretty pricey and is more a matter of what you can afford. If you can't afford the K9U crossgrade... there's nothing wrong with grabbing K9 now and waiting for a sale or something to upgrade. K9 will keep you busy :)

Defintely get it. They sync great with Maschine. You can view the patchs right from the controller and go to town.

I have a separate keyboard routed to Maschine so I can play w/ someo f the Kontakt sounds without having to play piano on a drum pad lol. Love it love it love it.

I noticed a bug that's worth mentoning w/ the x64 version. If you don't install everything into it's own default path, Maschine has trouble loading up patches. For example... I installed all of the Kontakt Libraries to an external drive... none of those will load into Maschine x64 (stand alone or VST). Since I use it as a VST.. I'm able to work around this however by Jbridg-ing the x86 version... and it works fine. Actually has better performance than the native plug. Just wanted to point that out. I love the setup though and it's stable how I have it. Hope they fix it but.. if they don't.. it's works fine this way and I only complain if I can't get something to work at all.

Also... if you happen to get it and get the hard drive.. if the drive lights up but doesn't work... take a screw driver... open it up, and push the drive into the enclosure circuit. This issue occured w/ a lot of people who got K9U.

Don't mean to scare you... but I hate saying "MAN, THIS WORKS GREAT!!" without giving you the other side of the story that isn't full of hype. There are some bugs. Hopefully you don't run into them. Those are the ones I ran into and overcame. Once I overcame them... lord this combination is awesome. I literally have no other plans to buy software except for SampleTank3. I'm done for a while.... K9 will keep you very busy.

it's worth it definitely but the only products instruments i like in it are kontakt and guitar rig. there's something about NI synths i just don't like. but for those two products alone it's worth it. also some good effects. (talking about the 500 dollar one, don't know about ultimate.)

Last edited:
Depends on the producer. After a while it can get boring pulling inspiration from one large suite. If you have other vsts/samples to work with its a good choice.

Back