Komplete 11 vs Omnisphere 2 (+Keyscape). Am I the only person having this dilemma?

WAFFLO

So...

I would like to just purchase either Komplete 11 OR Omnisphere 2 (with Keyscape possibly) but don't know what to go for. Don't have the money for all 3 :(

If I do buy Komplete 11, I'm thinking of purchasing Komplete 11 (not Ultimate) with Kontrol S61 or S88.

If I buy Omnisphere 2, I'll most likely buy Keyscape with a midi keyboard cheaper than Kontrol.

Komplete 11 is filled with a wider range of plugins and there are a few awesome third party Kontakt libraries I'm interested in
whereas Omnisphere I can get creative with designing my own sounds from both library sounds and samples.
If I buy Omnisphere 2, I'll most likely buy Keyscape with a midi keyboard cheaper than Kontrol.

I mainly produce Hip-Hop/Rap with some ambient/electronic on the side.

I would like to know what everyone else thinks between the two.

https://soundcloud.com/wafflo

Last edited:
Hey WAFFLO,

I purchased Omnisphere 2 a few months ago and had a tough time choosing between it and Komplete 10. In the end, I decided I wanted a one-stop-shop to use to design sounds - and Omnisphere's multi mode really caught my attention. Imo, it's one of its selling points - I'd suggest watching some YouTube vids by Plugin Guru where he talks about designing his patches for Omnisphere using multi mode. It just gives you such an ability to make every sound - guitars, pianos, synths, pads - much juicier, diverse and deep as opposed to something like, say, Kontakt and/or Serum. And honestly, once you listen to some of Plugin Guru's packs, you might be sold on Omnisphere right there lol. His Mega Magic Guitars, Mega Magic Pads and Northern Lights are, imo, unparalleled (he also generally makes Serum and Kontakt versions).

At the time, I felt Omnisphere was the best bang for the buck since its sound library is just mind-bogglingly big but didn't have a bunch of synthesis engines/sampled instruments I wouldn't use. Komplete just had a bunch of stuff I knew I'd never/rarely delve into (i.e. Scarbee A 200, Clavinet, the drum samplers, etc.), plus I already had Massive, and I wanted the pro version of Session Strings, so I wouldn't get my money's worth. It's an amazing tool but Omnisphere had everything I'd need (including several solid guitars, choirs, synths, pads, textures, endless sound sources, etc.). Still plan to get at least Kontakt one day to get sound libraries made by 8dio, Spitfire Audio, and Cinesamples.

If you'd like to pursue more sound design, I definitely recommend Omnisphere 2. Anyway, Keyscape looks awesome! If you decide to buy, hope you enjoy it

Its not even a tough decision.... Go with the Komplete package. You get a lot more tools for your money.

I own both Komplete 11 ultimate, the Kontrol 61 and I have Omni 2.
Omnisphere is cool but there are other synths out there thats better in my opinion.

I use Omnisphere more than Komplete. But I mostly use them together. Just shoot for one and work towards the other.

Back