Komplete 10 Ultimate- What to expect

Gmike254

Ok... here is my situation.
I went ahead and took the plunge, and i ordered Komplete 10 Ultimate, as well as the Maschine Studio setup. The game has changed so much sense i stepped away for a bit.
The workstation that i have did not have enough space in the hard drive to fully install Komplete 10. So what i did was install the programs on the hard drive, and i am currently installing the sound library on an external hard drive. My question is, how will this work? I use Sonar Platinum as my DAW, as well as Reason 8. I know i will be able to use Kontact in both, but how will the sounds work as far as using them from the external hard drive. Am i just going to load the plug in, in the DAW, then search for the sound patch i want in the external?
I am planning on getting a massive upgraded hard drive in the near future so i can have everything at my disposal on my desktop. (Which kinda pisses me off, cuz i spent quite a bit on my workstation to not have enough room for doing this to begin with.)

Is anyone currently using an external hard drive for accessing the sound library? If so please clue me in on to how this is going to work. I am very excited and cant wait for this to finish installing. Not sure how long its going to take, its still installing. Then once that is done, i have to install everything for Machine. (Also side question, am i going to have to do the same thing for Maschine as far as the external hard drive?)

Thanks in advance.

I'd wager most people with even somewhat substantial sound libraries will keep them on an external drive...I don't have Komplete, but in most cases you just point the program (Kontakt in this case) to the right folder in your preferences and that's it.

Last edited:
I wonder how much content komplete is for that pricetag. Is komplete everything or something native instruments?

Used to be everything (hence the name), but now it's just "most of". Still probably the best bang for buck deal there is.

Back