Komplete 10 Or?

Yumid

So when it comes to plugins I usually only buy bundles that are more than worth the money because of the discount, or from companies who have a student discount.

Right now I'm in the air about Komplete 10. But its only because I want all the orchestra(strings, horns, etc..) stuff and dont really interested in their VSTs. Even though I do need an FM synth (FM8) and another drum programmer but right now I kind of just like using a sampler for my drums (Structure pro).

Either way Komplete has about 50% of the stuff ill probably never use, maybe even more than that. On the other hand i really want FabFilters full bundle. Comes with all their mixing and mastering plugins. Some synths, etc... But still not nearly as much as komplete. THEN theres izotope bundles. Right now I'm tossed up between the 3.

Any recommendations from anyone who has preferably used from a handful of each or just has something to say about one of them?

All roughly the same price. Komplete looks like is 500 bucks, Fabfilter is 1000 with 50 percent off so 500, same with izotope it'll probably be around 3-500 after I'm done buying (also get 50 percent off from izotope)

Hmm, they are really very different from each other.. I mean it's not even nearly the same so a comparison is quite pointless. I use some of the vsts that are included in Komplete, such as it's synthesizers and reaktor. I also use a couple of plugins from fabfilter, mainly timeless and Saturn.. Dont have anything from Ozone.

What I don't see is why you would buy bundles and then end up using only half of it. I'm even in the process of streamlining my workflow, trying to get rid of stuff I almost never use just to get them out of my way. If I were you, I would try the plugins and then buy the ones you want, instead of all of them.

This may or may not have helped you in any way what so ever but it's all I can day at this point.

Hmm, they are really very different from each other.. I mean it's not even nearly the same so a comparison is quite pointless. I use some of the vsts that are included in Komplete, such as it's synthesizers and reaktor. I also use a couple of plugins from fabfilter, mainly timeless and Saturn.. Dont have anything from Ozone.

What I don't see is why you would buy bundles and then end up using only half of it. I'm even in the process of streamlining my workflow, trying to get rid of stuff I almost never use just to get them out of my way. If I were you, I would try the plugins and then buy the ones you want, instead of all of them.

This may or may not have helped you in any way what so ever but it's all I can day at this point.

The bundles are too good of a value to not get them. Especially when I can get 50 percent off the already bundled discount. Any fab filter plug by itself is gonna cost more than 100 bucks. Same for anything in Komplete, each individual plug is like 150-200 bucks. It would be a waste of money to just get one. The VSTs I would use would still be worth a lot more than 500 if you added up their individual price.

I dont really get why people buy plugins that aren't bundled.

Massive is 200 bucks. Massive with 30+ other plugins in the bundle is 500. Makes sense to me haha. They structure their prices so its pretty much stupid to NOT get the bundle. Therefor in turn, making it stupid to not get the bundle. If money is any concern.

Well, I have a different view on it.

If I go to the shop looking to buy a piece of bread that normally cost 2 euros, but today I can get 2 pieces for 3 euros. Do I save money by buying 2?

Yeah but I only wanted one! In that case I ended up paying more than I was going to in the first place and bought something I didn't really need. So I fell into the trap.

Try the same analogy with for example chocolate and you'll quickly see my point. :-)

And more on topic: sure, if you want plugins that individually would be more than the price of the whole bundle, it's quite obvious what you should do. In that case I would go with Komplete any day, since it has much more fun stuff than the other 2 combined.

I've got Massive, FM8, Reaktor and Absynth. Massive is beautiful, it's much more versatile than some people want to admit, saying you only want it if you want to sound like everyone else. The biggest drawback I've found with it is the fact that it doesn't have a modulation matrix per se, but only a couple of modulation slots for (granted, most of) the knobs, and the fact that for no apparent reason such a great synth is completely left without a swing option for its in built sequencer. I love it for lots of things, from atmospheric textures to warm synth stabs and effects.

FM8 is a different beast all together.. It's the one that I've been trying to figure out (I have a bit more than a basic knowledge of Fm synthesis). But all I seem to be able to do with FM synthesis is create random timbres as I can't really picture in my head what is really going on when I modulate it's oscillators. With that said it has surprised me more than a couple of times with what can come out of it.

Absynth is an absolutely beautiful synthesizer and is one of the main building blocks of my productions. There's always some Absynth sounds in them because it's soooo different and weird in the most satisfying way I can think of. It has a really nice morphing aspect, letting you load up several patches and morph between them completely or just slightly. It's not as intimidating as it might seem at first glance but instead it's rather intuitive to work with, at least to me. It has extensive envelopes so you can really go nuts with your parameters modulated by them.

Reaktor is an absolute beast in every sense of the word. I am not much for creating my own synths using it (it's just not something I've been getting into yet) but it has some really weird synthesizers in it already, along with a whole array of nice effects (you can use reaktor as an insert effect) bundled with it and a crap load of user made ones that you can download from the userbase. Everything from multi fx to step sequencers to ice cream machines.

Fabfilters timeless2 is one of my favorite creative delay plugins. Along with all the rest of the plugins they offer it has a really nice modulation section where you can really mangle stuff to oblivion. Not really sure what else I should say about it other than to really find out what it's all about you should give it a try.

Fabfilters Saturn is also another one of those plugins I really cannot be without. A multiband distortion unit with extensive control of up to 7 or so bands I think with quite a lot of different distortion types available for all the bands individually. I love the sound of produces and along with Fabfilters modulation section it as well can create some seriously interesting stuff with its step sequencer and yadayada..

Based on all of this I said you can probably tell I'm a sucker for extensive modulation features, to really get creative with my stuff and that (and of course the quality of the sounds produced along with versatility) has been the main reason why I chose these vsts for my productions!

Last edited:
I like to keep some bread in the freezer, you never know when you might need it.:)

Joking apart, you've given a valid and informed comment. Learning the characteristics and applications to your software can save you wasting money on something you don't need, and through informed choice, you can find an affordable, suitable alternative, and then some. Seems good advice to me.

Well, I have a different view on it.

If I go to the shop looking to buy a piece of bread that normally cost 2 euros, but today I can get 2 pieces for 3 euros. Do I save money by buying 2?

Thats my main problem with komplete. I know there is going to be lots of plugs I won't use and I'm still going to be left wanting the fab filter mixing/mastering plugs. But the plugs I will use will more then pay for it. But then If i get the fabfilter bundle instead I'm still left needing an FM Synth and a reverb plugin. Plus all those orchestra samples and stuff with komplete. Ill definitely use over the value of what kompletes worth. I just dont want half the stuff, and if I go with a different bundle. Im still left needing some stuff from komplete. It seems to lack in the mixing department though, which is where fab comes in. I wish i could just mash em both together.

Sounds to me like you are going to get both either way. So just take the one you think you need the most first!

I'd say go with Komplete 10 Ultimate. Cry once and done. Its a great investment. You may think you're not going to use much of it, but as you mature with the product, you'll find yourself becoming more creative and using more of the package.

Back