key signature plugin

dog64bull

Anybody know any plugins that help you to find the key signature of a sample? I'm having trouble finding what key this sample is played in.

are you sure??? is it possible to use something like the display in a pitch shifter plugin in your daw to kind of get an idea on the key of the sample? you know what I mean???

you can get a general idea but not a definite idea: the plugin will show what notes are playing but will not have any idea about what the key is nor which notes are from outside of the key - you need to know that and apply that knowledge once you have information.

I don't think that I suggested otherwise - I said that it would give a general view and that they would need to apply their own knowledge in interpreting the information they got.........

it is worth doing if only to know it can't be done reliably......

if the Beatles had believed everything they were told about recording by Abbey Roads house engineers, some of the greatest music would never have been recorded

contextualise the question in terms of someone trying to learn and your answer should be different to "it can't be done" even if it only has a caveat saying "the results are not reliable".....

Back