Just got a iPad mini

HalfBlacko0000

Good Music
Hey guys I just purchased a iPad mini early Christmas present to myself, and I was was wondering what kinda software your running? What kind of midi controller you use? I'm new to the iPad world but the stuff I've looked at so far is iMPC, iMaschine, Cubasis, I want to be able to load my own drum one shots and be able to sample and be able to load 3rd party plugins like stuff from arturia. And as far as a midi controller is concerned I'd like a small 25 key keyboard maybe the new Alesia 25 it has drum pads and a couple knobs I just want it to be bus powered I don't want to have to hook it up to a outlet. I am also looking at a program called audio bus I don't know anyone who has used it or the full capabilities about it but I like the idea of using a lot of different synths. So tell me what would you guys buy or what should I stay away from

There's at least one fully-fledged DAW app available - Auria. They initially talked about "VST support", but I'm not sure if that's the reality - I think they have to be some kind of special iOS ported plugins (that have to be bought from within then app), so you can't expect just to run your existing VST instruments (or instrument plugins at all, for that matter - it's an audio DAW). Intua's BeatMaker has been more or less the standard MPC/Maschine-type beatmaking app for some time...and of course there's a bunch of pretty great synths (btw, Arturia at least have their Minimoog & SEM emulations as app versions) out there. AudioBus is purely for routing audio between different apps (so you can use, for example, a synth app in conjunction with an fx app).

Yea I'm aware that you can't load real vsts I really like the expansion that audio bus brings to the table I just don't want to start throwing money out there and regret after the purchase

The Apple Camera Connection kit is the most basic option. There's also the iRig series from IK Multimedia, Line6 MIDI Mobilizer and the iConnectivity devices...but the Apple kit is somewhat inexpensive and works fine for this purpose.

Back