Issues with Acid Pro 7

Troy K.

How's it going.

I just purchased Acid Pro 7 and I'm having issues with it that I wasn't having with Acid Pro 4.

The problems are:

1. The program doesn't let you insert regions when you're using BEATMAPPED mode (or style) in the chopper.

2. When you copy and paste a selection from the chopper into the main field of the project it doesn't show up. Its just blank. No audio.

3. When I uncheck "preserve pitch" to change the pitch of the track, it doesn't work. I just get silence.

All of these things worked in Acid pro 4 but none of this works in Acid Pro 7.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks.

No manual or help file? The annoying thing (one of them, anyway) about updates or new versions of software is that commands and short-cuts are rarely the same as earlier versions. But it doesn't make sense that you outright can't do the things you are asking for, so I'd start with the help file to see what it says about your questions. Sorry I can't be more specific; I haven't used Acid since it was 2.0...

GJ

Some things to consider - even the "current" version, Acid 7, is from 2010; that's practically ancient by software standards. Acid 4 from 2003 or so. Whether or not the current owner of the license, which is Magix afaik, will do anything to develop it remains to be seen, but currently it's more or less abandonware. I don't know if they still actually support it, but wouldn't rely on it. In other words, I simply wouldn't want a software package that hasn't been updated in years and has no foreseeable future at the moment.

Last edited:
Back